Volunteer Legal Handbook
There are two ways to order the Volunteer Legal Handbook. You can request a hard copy be mailed to you ($25), or you can order a PDF copy of the handbook ($20). Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your preference. Be sure to include your full name, address, e-mail address, and a phone number where you can be reached during office hours.
To preview the topics included in the handbook, please click here.
The Volunteer Legal Handbook is dedicated to and intended for:
- all volunteers of nonprofit corporations
- all directors of nonprofit corporations
- officers of nonprofit corporations
- paid staff of nonprofit corporations
- risk management and the law for nonprofit corporations (not all discussion of the law in this section is relevant to all profits)
- a considerable portion of the legal discussion deals with Alaska law, e.g. Alaska’s peculiar charitable gaming laws
- common risks associated with operating a nonprofit
- risk evaluation and management in a nonprofit corporation
- discussion of law relating to risk management and nonprofits
- legal risks facing nonprofit corporations today
- resources for nonprofit corporations