Anchorage: Receptionist/Legal Assistant- Nyquist Law Group
Nyquist Law Group has recently moved their office and is expanding. We are looking for a new member to add to our existing cohesive team.
The ideal applicant will:
- Work well with and be respectful towards coworkers
- Have experience working in a law firm setting
- Be familiar with Family Law
- Be comfortable and friendly speaking on the phone to both clients and others
- Be competent in basic computer skills including, typing, excel, word, ect.
- Be detailed and highly organized,
- Have excellent communication skills
- Understand calendaring deadlines
- Be comfortable with billing and collections
- Have the desire and willingness to learn
Pay $18-22 DOE
This position is FULL TIME, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Anchorage: Legal Secretary/Paralegal - Otterson Law Office
Small growing family law firm needs a legal secretary, a paralegal or legal assistant, and a file clerk. We can use any combination of those skills. The ideal applicant has legal experience, but not necessarily in family law. You should be solid on the basics: service under Civil Rules 4 and 5, calendaring motion responses, dealing with the court, etc. Just as important is general literacy, computer literacy, mastery of MS Word (including macros, merges, etc). We may be able to design the job around your interests and skills, and if you're strong in several areas, we can train in the ones you still need to learn (other than the basics listed above).
Please, no resumes or other attachments. You may paste such information into your email response. Include two work references and a description of your interests, the skills you are solid on, specific things you want to learn, career goals, and preferred job structure, if any (eg. full or part-time, compensation sought, etc.). We have an all-star team, and are looking for an 'A player.' If that's you, please email your response.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Receptionist – Atkinson, Conway & Gagnon, Inc.
Our firm is currently accepting résumés for a receptionist. This position also assists the staff and attorneys with various projects as needed. Punctual, friendly, professional demeanor is important. Competitive salary and benefit package. Atkinson, Conway & Gagnon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Fax or email resume to 272-2082 or email@example.com.
Anchorage: Secretary/Legal Assistant - Foley, Foley & Pearson
Are you seeking a secure and stable career in the field of law, but don’t have prior legal experience? Do you want to work as a member of a team in private industry where customer service and excellence are core values of the business? Consider this. The law firm of Foley, Foley & Pearson is seeking a full-time secretary/legal assistant. Prior experience in a law office is not required. You will be trained in all aspects of the job and learn to work collaboratively with attorneys, paralegals and other assistants in a friendly, fast-paced, team oriented, work environment. We are seeking a non-smoking individual who is inquisitive, outgoing, organized, well groomed, has an eye for detail, desires to learn, likes people, is a self-starter, and who communicates well and wants to be part of a team.
Duties include: preparation and word processing of estate planning documents, correspondence, and court pleadings; answering phones; interacting with clients; calendaring and scheduling; preparation of forms related to estate planning and probate proceedings; proofreading and editing; working with data base and document creation software; and providing administrative support to attorneys and paralegals. Excellent knowledge of MS Office and keyboarding skills are required with minimum typing speed of 60 wpm. Knowledge of database programs and other computer skills is a plus.
Candidates must be able deal well with interruptions without getting flustered or frustrated and have ability to get back on task. Candidates must also pass a criminal background check. The Foley, Foley & Pearson practice emphasizes estate planning and probate law. Our office is conveniently located in midtown at the corner of Tudor Road and C Street. We have ample parking. Salary and benefits DOE, education and prior training. Respond with résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Contact/Temp work - Alaska Legal Solutions
Contract Temp. Paralegal Services
Fill in for maternity leave extended sick leave or vacation, special projects, etc. Work from home or in office. Also provide notary and courier services.
For more detail visit my web page: https://www.alaskalegalsolutions.com/
Anchorage: Legal Rights Advocate - Alaska Public Defender Agency
The Alaska Public Defender Agency is currently hiring a legal rights advocate for its Anchorage office. The Public Defender Agency's mission is to provide constitutionally mandated legal representation to indigent clients appointed by the court. The Civil Division provides representation to parents and youth in Child in Need of Aid cases and civil commitment matters.
The Civil Division includes eight attorneys. This position directly supervises one Paralegal and one Law Office Assistant I position and manages the day to day administrative functions of the Civil Division. The primary duties are providing guidance and coaching to support staff, direct client advocacy services and support for attorneys.
Ideal applicants should have: A Bachelor's degree or experience in law, advocacy or a related field; Experience of at least one year working as a Paralegal or Law Office Assistant II with the State of Alaska or the equivalent elsewhere; Experience supervising; Experience in developing systems for managing legal or advocacy services; Experience in communicating with the public and other government entities; Knowledge of computer systems for legal or advocacy services.
If interested, please submit a cover letter, up-to-date resume, originally authored writing sample, and three professional references by email to Courtney Porter-Huff at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm on February 17, 2017.
Anchorage: Paralegal - Alaska Network on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
Supervised by the Anchorage Senior Staff Attorney designated by the Legal Program Director.
Support Anchorage staff attorneys to provide competent service to clients; and support all functions of the Legal Program.
Provide technical assistance to member programs regarding the court system and the court process. Assist Network staff with projects and respond to general requests for information.
Conduct legal research; draft memos, policy recommendations, and research summaries on topics as requested.
Perform case management and coordination; monitor, prioritize, and report on status of cases.
Assist staff in preparation of motions and legal briefs and other documents as needed. Monitor and track the court docket and case schedule and assist with case scheduling.
Draft subpoenas, serve and/or arrange for service; assemble exhibits, affidavits and other legal documents for use in case preparation and trial or administrative hearings. File documents with the court system.
Manage administrative tasks in Anchorage legal office including processing incoming and outgoing mail, assisting staff with large/bulk mailings and usage of FedEx/DHL, and purchasing office supplies.
Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred; experience in a legal or shelter setting may substitute. Background in domestic violence and/or sexual assault programing preferred.
Ability to work both independently and cooperatively; experience in legal research and writing; and skill in oral and written communication.
Willingness to adhere to the Network’s philosophy, policies and procedures; commitment to the elimination of personal and societal violence in the lives of women and children.
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 references in a Word Document or PDF to
Katy Soden: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
431 West 7th Ave., Suite 205
Anchorage, AK 99501
Position open until filled. ANDVSA is an equal opportunity employer.
No telephone inquiries please.
Anchorage: Administrative/Paralegal Assistant - Cook Inlet Tribal Council, INC (CITC)
Cook Inlet Tribal Council, Inc. (CITC) has an opening for an Administrative/Paralegal Assistant. CITC is a tribal nonprofit organization providing an array of support services to Alaska Native and American Indian people residing in the Cook Inlet Region. The Administrative/Paralegal Assistant provides high level administrative and legal support for Legal and Administration staff, as well as members of CITC’s President’s Council. This position is responsible for assisting with special projects and for handling confidential information.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Three years of progressively responsible paralegal and executive assistant experience; or any combination of training and experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Strong experience in supporting travel for executive staff; including pre-approval and planning, reservations and logistics.
- Demonstrated command of professional business writing and communication, including excellent grammar, spelling and knowledge of business formatting.
- Continued employment status contingent upon completion of a satisfactory state and federal criminal background check
- Knowledge of Alaska Native and American Indian culture and/or community resources.
- Some college coursework - business or related field.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
Please submit your application and resume online at citci.org
Anchorage: Litigation Practice Assistant/Legal Secretary - Stoel Rives LLP
• Extensive word processing, including revisions to complex documents, pleadings and comparisons
• Drafting documents
• Daily file retrieval and filing of emails and other documents
• Opening new matters
• Managing proformas and mailing invoices
• Maintaining calendars
• Expense management
• Entering billable time on a daily basis
Essential qualifications, skills and abilities include the following:
• Strong organizational and administrative skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
• Three years or more of legal secretary experience preferred
• Must be team-oriented, show strong initiative, have excellent communication skills, and flexibility in working hours
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
To apply please visit our website: http://www.stoel.com/admin_openings.htm. Please include cover letter and salary history when submitting resume.
About Stoel Rives LLP: Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law. For more information, follow us @stoelrives or visit www.stoel.com.
Anchorage: Trust Manager - First National Bank Alaska
First National Bank Alaska (FNBA) is seeking a Manager for our Trust and Investment Management Department. This position manages, supervises and directs all trust and investment management activities; including the development of new trust and investment business. Critical responsibilities also include implementation of department policies to promote sale and business growth. The Trust Manager report to the bank’s Finance Director and works closely with FNBA’s board members, President, and other senior management members.
Qualified candidates should have a strong understanding of trust administration procedures, related legal documents, and investment management skills.
Education & Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; ten (10) years trust related experience in progressively responsible positions, six (6) years of which must be in an advanced trust officer capacity; four (4) years management experience.
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation, PTO accrual, Benefits package
Visit FNBAlaskaJobs.com to see full job posting and to apply online for position.
Anchorage: Full-time Legal Secretary - Law Office of James H. McCollum, LLC
Law Office of James H. McCollum, LLC is seeking a secretary to perform a wide variety of duties and to assist paralegals/legal assistants by providing document editing and drafting, as well as daily administrative and clerical support.
Greeting clients and vendors; receive and place telephone calls; schedule and make appointments; maintaining Outlook calendars; mail; filing; copying; shredding; scanning documents into network server; filing documents with the courts & recorder's office; preparing letters; running errands for firm; and other miscellaneous tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Candidate must have strong administrative skills;
- Exceptional spelling and grammar;
- Punctual, friendly, and professional demeanor is important;
- Must have driver's license and vehicle with insurance; and
- General office experience preferred.
This is a full-time, salary position (negotiable DOE) with standard business hours (Monday – Friday) and parking is provided. No medical insurance. Simple IRA package available. This is a non-smoking office.
Please email resume, cover letter, and references to Shelley R. Rounds at email@example.com.
Anchorage: Senior Paralegal - Outlook Law, LLC
Outlook Law, LLC is a full-service government contracts firm that is rapidly expanding and is looking to add a Senior Paralegal who has experience in the government contracting field or is willing to learn. The position requires experience in both the corporate field as well as litigation experience. The Senior Corporate Paralegal would report directly to the owner of the firm and assist with government contract law and compliance, internal investigations, mergers and acquisitions, contract review, and defending against governmental investigations as well as litigation. Salary is very competitive.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Establishing, maintaining, and managing many different projects as a leader that is a motivated self-starter
- Assist the attorneys on government contracting transactions and governance documentation.
- Assist attorneys with preparation of materials, logistics, timing of filings, and project deadlines.
- Assist in due diligence for mergers and acquisitions involving government contracts.
- Preferably assist with the analysis and categorization of government contracts and related amendments/modifications.
- Assist with internal investigations, interviews, and documentation of findings with attorney client privilege being a top value.
- Work on other special projects, as directed by attorneys.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 10 years aggregate experience working as a paralegal preferably with experience in government contracting.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel a must.
- Experience in setting up data bases for advanced projects.
- Preferably experience working in compliance.
Please submit resumes to Christinewilliams@outlooklaw.com.
Anchorage: Communications Director - American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska
The American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska is looking for a sophisticated, dynamic team player as our full-time Communications Director who will strategically and proactively increase the ACLU of Alaska’ visibility across Alaska. This is an exciting opportunity to increase the public’s awareness and appreciation of civil liberties, advocate for positive changes in the civil liberties landscape, and grow the ACLU of Alaska’s political power to energize the fight for civil liberties and protect our hard-won victories.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Strategy: Conceive a broad vision for using communications to further the goals of the ACLU of Alaska, and develop plans and long- and short-term strategies to execute that vision and measure progress. Determine ideal communications channels and tactics for distributing ACLU news, promoting advocacy campaigns, publicizing events, broadening ACLU audiences, and making civil liberties accessible and relevant.
- Media Relations: Manage all aspects of media relations, including writing and disseminating press releases and advisories, pitching stories to targeted reporters, fielding media requests, managing a media database, drafting talking points and message grids, making statements, and arranging interviews with ACLU spokespeople and coaching them. Monitor the media for opportunities to engage.
- Print Materials: Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print materials, including newsletters, brochures, annual report, and promotional items. Provide editorial and design direction, handle quality control and proofreading, oversee production, and create and implement distribution plans.
- Integrated Advocacy: Work with the legal and policy staff to integrate litigation and policy advocacy with communications and public education, by collaboratively drafting external communications on legal and policy issues, including legislative action alerts and fact sheets, talking points, letters to the editor, press statements, and op-eds.
See the complete job posting for more information and instructions on how to apply: https://www.acluak.org/en/jobs/communications-director.
Anchorage: Director of Philanthropy - American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska
Director of Philanthropy
The American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska is looking for a sophisticated, bold, and dynamic team player to be our full-time Director of Philanthropy. The ideal candidate should have the vision and drive to leverage our centennial anniversary to build a major gifts program that will establish an increased and sustainable revenue stream and enable us to more strategically and broadly protect civil liberties.
- Major Gifts: Develop and lead the strategic and daily operations of a comprehensive fund development program that focuses on leadership gifts and includes specific fundraising goals and targets. Manage a portfolio of 75–100 leadership donors and prospects, including those assigned to the Executive Director, that will expand our pool of major donors capable of giving leadership gifts of $10,000+. Draft donor correspondence and develop the messages, strategy memos, talking points, and materials for the ACLU’s development efforts. Assure an accurate, up-to-date confidential donor database, including individual giving histories, profiles, and interactions.
- Planned Giving: Working with the national ACLU Planned Giving Department, pursue strategies to expand planned giving programs and steward existing donors.
- Foundation Grants: Work with ACLU staff to develop strategic grant applications; oversee prospect research; develop tracking and reporting systems and proposal submissions; cultivate relationships with foundations.
- B.A. degree and at least 3 years of experience in fundraising and demonstrated success identifying, cultivating, and soliciting $10,000+ gifts from individual major donors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfort with contacting donors and making face-to-face solicitations, and willingness to ask for leadership gifts in excess of $10,000.
- Passion for civil liberties and social justice, and a familiarity with the work and mission of the ACLU.
- Exceptional initiative, vision, and ambition to build a vibrant philanthropy program.
See the complete job description for more information and instructions on how to apply: https://www.acluak.org/en/jobs/director-philanthropy
Fairbanks: Family Law Paralegal - Gazewood & Weiner
Family Law Paralegal needed for busy law firm of Gazewood & Weiner in Fairbanks. Experience preferred but not required. Salary DOE. Health and benefits available. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 17, 2017.
Fairbanks: Paralegal - Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC
Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC seeks a paralegal in the Fairbanks office with experience in civil litigation, including professional malpractice and products liability. Successful candidate will be reliable, self-motivated and highly organized with a minimum of three years of related experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Send letter of interest, resume and three professional references to email@example.com or fax information to (907) 479-7966. EEO/AA
Palmer/Mat-su: Legal Intern - Matanuska-Susitna Borough
Legal Intern Summer Assignment: The individual occupying this Legal Intern position is responsible for providing project support to the Borough Attorney, Deputy and Assistant Borough Attorneys, and for completing specific projects, as assigned.
The Legal Intern will assist the Borough Attorney, Deputy and Assistant Borough Attorneys in various aspects of municipal legal issues. The Legal Intern may be involved in such activities as researching State and/or Federal law, researching legislative history, preparing legal memoranda, drafting local laws, implementing mandated programs, and interacting with other Borough staff. The Legal Intern may represent the Borough in proceedings before the Planning Commission, the Office of Administrative Hearings, or the Animal Care and Regulation Board. If the Legal Intern satisfies the applicable criteria of the rules of court, the Legal Intern may be involved in representing the Borough in court under the direct supervision of an attorney. Assignments are project-oriented and involve the application of basic legal principles of property, planning, zoning, law enforcement, taxation, procurement, administrative and municipal law, and are performed with independence after project requirements are identified.
Notwithstanding any of the above descriptions, all of the duties assigned and performed, including court appearances, will be within the limitations of the Alaska Rules of Professional Responsibility promulgated by the Supreme Court of Alaska.
Minimum Requirements: Current enrollment and completion of at least one year of law school (L1, L2, L3); valid driver’s license; resume; provide writing sample; and must provide an official or unofficial transcript.
Inquiries to Shannon Bodolay, Assistant Borough Attorney
Fill out an application online at: http://www.matsugov.us/jobopp
Sitka – Realty Officer/Tribal Court Specialist - Sitka Tribe of Alaska
Salary DOE - Full-time benefited. For a complete job description and application visit www.sitkatribe.org or 456 Katlian Street. Open until filled. For more information or questions contact Anne Davis at 907-747-3207 or firstname.lastname@example.org