Anchorage: Litigation Paralegal (Full-time) – Delaney Wiles, Inc.
Delaney Wiles, Inc., one of Alaska’s oldest and most respected firms, is seeking a full-time, experienced litigation paralegal. Responsibilities include
- assisting lawyers with document/information management (hard copy and electronic)
- factual analysis
- trial support
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of all phases of litigation, discovery, and trial procedures, as well as e-discovery, case management and trial presentation software.
Occasional overtime to meet court deadlines may be required. Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure are essential. A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in paralegal studies is strongly preferred, along with 3-5 years of litigation paralegal experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life, long-term disability, Section 125 Flex Benefits Plan, generous time off policies, 401K and parking. We are particularly proud of the long tenure of many of our employees, indicating we are not only a great place to do business, but a great place to work as well!
Please submit your resume, letter of interest and references to Jennifer Ginzinger, Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Legal Assistant/Paralegal - Hughes Gorski Seedorf Odsen & Tervooren, LLC
Hughes Gorski Seedorf Odsen & Tervooren, LLC has a position available for a full-time paralegal/legal assistant to provide support for its litigation practice. Must be proficient in working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, as well as other litigation support technology, have strong organizational, time management, writing, and oral communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team. Candidates must be detail-oriented, have good judgment and be capable of working independently under the supervision of an attorney. Prefer applicants with at least three to five years of experience. Hughes Gorski is an EEO employer and provides excellent benefits. Salary DOE. Please send a letter of interest, resume and references to Kimberlee Colbo, Hughes Gorski, 3900 C Street, Suite 1001, Anchorage, Alaska 99503 or by email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Anchorage: Legal Secretary (Part-Time) - Hughes Gorski Seedorf Odsen & Tervooren, LLC
Hughes Gorski Seedorf Odsen & Tervooren, LLC has a position available for a part-time (25-30 hours/week) legal secretary to provide support for its litigation practice. Must have strong organizational and time management skills, be detail-oriented, be proficient in using Microsoft Word, demonstrate good judgment, have an understanding of the civil rules and calendaring, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team. Prefer applicants with at least five years of experience. Actual schedule is flexible and to be determined. Hughes Gorski is an EEO employer and provides excellent benefits. Salary DOE. Please send a letter of interest, resume and references to Kimberlee Colbo, Hughes Gorski, 3900 C Street, Suite 1001, Anchorage, Alaska 99503 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Anchorage: Temporary Paralegal Position - Fortier & Mikko
Four- Attorney, established Anchorage Midtown law firm is looking for an experienced paralegal familiar with litigation software, including Casemap and Trial Director, familiar with civil practice and willing to challenge the powers that be. At present, the position is temporary, full time with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Please email resume, letters of recommendation and writing sample (if available) to: email@example.com
Salary: Depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Logging discovery, summarizing depositions, deposition and trial exhibit preparation
- Summarize medical records, send medical requests, analyze records
- Assist in preparation of initial disclosure
- Management of all hard copy and electronic documentation, including but not limited to client files, mail, memos, expense reports, pleadings, etc
- Maintain organized and efficient filing system
- Document creation/data input
- Assist in preparing attorney and clients for various legal proceedings including oral argument, depositions and trial
- Provide support in preparation for trial and at trial (witness communication and scheduling, preparation of trial exhibits and jury instructions
- Three to five years litigation experience
- High proficiency in utilization of litigation software as well as MS Word, MS Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding and adherence to maintaining strict confidentiality
Anchorage: Corporate Paralegal - Bristol Bay Native Corporation
This position supports four attorneys and the legal supervisor and supervises the legal assistant. The position is expected to perform duties related to business operations, acquisitions, divestments, litigation, permitting, maintaining corporate records, and preparing reports and filings for government agencies. The corporate paralegal also reviews, analyzes, and organizes factual information and documentation in accordance with corporate legal practice and procedure.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Legal Supervisor in the administration of her duties
- Take corporate minutes and draft corporate resolutions
- Support the work of the litigation attorney
- Form, dissolve, and merge corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, includes maintenance of corporate records for corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Prepare and file reports for companies with appropriate government agencies
- Conduct legal research and monitor federal, state, and local legislation
- Prepare, review, write, or edit documents, correspondence, contracts, and administrative filings
- Maintain contract data base and attorney files for the department and assist in the collection and organization of all department files
- Assist with review of estate transfer and stock gifting documents and files
- Review and edit contracts, leases, and solicitations
- Identify and assume responsibility for projects that are not being covered
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A proactive work style to complement a highly productive and collaborative team
- Must be able to work independently, and proactively look for work
- Possess outstanding writing and research skills
- Be a team player with a broad skill set
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and their relationship to corporate and securities matters, knowledge of various state and city licensing laws and requirements
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of government contracting a plus
- Data management, computer skills, schedule, organize and coordinate documents
- Paralegal certificate or over five years as a corporate paralegal
View full job description
Anchorage: Legal Secretary/Paralegal - Otterson Law Office
Small growing family law firm needs a legal secretary, a paralegal or legal assistant, and a file clerk. We can use any combination of those skills. The ideal applicant has legal experience, but not necessarily in family law. You should be solid on the basics: service under Civil Rules 4 and 5, calendaring motion responses, dealing with the court, etc. Just as important is general literacy, computer literacy, mastery of MS Word (including macros, merges, etc). We may be able to design the job around your interests and skills, and if you're strong in several areas, we can train in the ones you still need to learn (other than the basics listed above).
Please, no resumes or other attachments. You may paste such information into your email response. Include two work references and a description of your interests, the skills you are solid on, specific things you want to learn, career goals, and preferred job structure, if any (eg. full or part-time, compensation sought, etc.). We have an all-star team, and are looking for 'A player.' If that's you, please email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Legal Secretary/Assistant - Dillon & Findley
Dillon & Findley is seeking an experienced full-time legal secretary/assistant for our downtown Anchorage office, which focuses primarily on medical malpractice and other complex litigation. Duties will include formatting, proofreading and filing pleadings, filing, answering phones and other office support tasks. The position requires strong organizational and administrative skills, excellent attention to detail, communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure, teamwork and a sense of humor is critical. Candidates should have current computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is expected), and comfort with technology. Intellectual curiosity and a strong work ethic are essential. College degree is preferred but experience is more important. Salary is DOE, and excellent benefit package is available. Dillon & Findley is an equal opportunity employer. Submit a cover letter, resume and references to Shelley Eggert, Firm Administrator, Dillon & Findley, 1049 W. 5th Ave., Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99501 or online at email@example.com.
Anchorage: Paralegal - R. Crabtree, APC
R. Crabtree, APC is an Anchorage law firm whose practice is concentrated in the area of the enforcement of creditors’ rights.
- preparation of legal letters and documents including complaints
- assistance with various tasks and projects to comply with client requirements
The successful candidate’s work must be accurate, complete, and it must conform to reporting and procedural standards. Likewise, he or she must be able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish common goals, to use Microsoft Office programs including Word, to solve problems, and to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively. Attention to detail is critical.
A bachelor’s degree and paralegal certification, or at least 5 years of experience is preferred. We are looking for a highly reliable person who is capable of taking on the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment and learning new tasks.
This is a full-time office job and the employee will be sitting at a desk working on a computer for the majority of the day.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wage DOE. We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits, vacation/sick pay, and a 401(k) plan with partial employer matching contributions. The successful candidate must be able to pass a thorough background check and a rigorous drug screening. All interested applicants should email a résumé and cover letter to Richard Crabtree at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Firm Accountant - R. Crabtree, APC
R. Crabtree, APC is an Anchorage-based law-firm whose practice is concentrated in the area of the enforcement of creditors’ rights. The Firm Accountant plays an important role in the firm's accounting and decision-making processes.
- Data entry.
- Preparation of accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports.
- Examination and analysis of such records to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Posting transactions.
- Reconciling transactions.
- Assistance with various other tasks and projects to comply with client requirements.
The successful candidate’s work must be accurate, complete, and it must conform to reporting and procedural standards. Likewise, he or she must be able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish common goals, to solve problems, and to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively.
All applicants should already be able to use Microsoft Excel effectively and able to learn other software quickly. Attention to detail is critical. A bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred, may substitute 5 years or more of experience.
This is a full-time office job and the employee will be sitting at a desk working on a computer for the majority of the day.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive wage DOE. We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits, vacation/sick pay, and a 401(k) plan with partial employer matching contributions. The successful candidate must be able to pass a thorough background check and a rigorous drug screening. All interested applicants should forward a résumé and cover letter to Richard Crabtree at email@example.com.
Anchorage: Legal/Office Assistant - McNall & Associates, P.C.
Small, fast pace collection law firm seeking full time legal / office assistant.
Responsibilities include; document preparation, proof reading, filing court documents, phones, customer service, collecting payments, calendaring, basic filing, file organization, file scanning, data entry, and a number of miscellaneous office duties.
Requirements: Minimum 3 years office experience. This is an essential position within this office. Applicants must be punctual, self-disciplined, responsible, reliable and able to handle a heavy work load.
Serious and qualified applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume in response to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of Operation: Monday -- Friday 8:30am -- 4:30pm
Medical / Dental Insurance: NO
Retirement Plan: Simple IRA
Anchorage: DV Unit Bail Secretary - Municipal Prosecutor’s Office
HOURS OF WORK: Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary: $42,411.20 - $53,976.00 Annually (Grant-funded)
LOCATION OF WORK: City Hall; 632 W 6th Avenue, Suite 210, Anchorage, AK
Example of Duties:
Obtain documentation of conditions of release in domestic violence cases; enter information into Alaska Public Safety Information Network (APSIN) and Grant database. Process discovery in domestic violence cases and update case management system. Provide secretarial support when needed to Domestic Violence Unit Attorneys. Process legal documents in district and superior court. Prepare legal correspondence and documents utilizing knowledge of legal formats, legal citations, exhibits, grammar and syntax, legal filing, forms, processes and procedures, legal office practices and procedures, and domestic violence dynamics. Respond and furnish information to referring callers using diplomacy. Adjust and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands. Other related duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualifications / Substitutions / Preferences:
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent and three (3) years of experience in legal office practices and procedures, legal research, court processing procedures, and automated and manual record keeping systems.
Associate's degree in Criminal Justice, Paralegal Studies, or similar discipline and one (1) year of experience in legal office practices and procedures, legal research, court processing procedures, and automated and manual record keeping systems.
Must obtain Alaska Public Safety Information Network (APSIN) certification within 30 days of hire.
Prefer applicants with previous experience utilizing legal formats, legal citations, exhibits, grammar and syntax; legal filing, forms, processes and procedures; legal office practices and procedures, and domestic violence dynamics.
Interested candidates may find more information about how to apply at http://www.muni.org/Departments/employee_relations/Pages/jol.aspx under Current Job Openings.
Anchorage: Assistant Director, Alaska Program - Seattle University
Seattle University has an exciting, dynamic opportunity for an Assistant Director, Alaska Program to join our community.
Under the direction of the Faculty Director of Seattle University School of Law’s Alaska Satellite Campus, the Assistant Director will participate in the delivery of a comprehensive academic program for students participating in the School of Law’s Alaska Programs.
To view a complete position description, including minimum qualifications, and submit an application, please visit https://jobs.seattleu.edu/postings/18690.
Essential Job Functions:
Under the direction of the Faculty Director:
- Provide students in individual and small group settings with information and resources to make their experience and time in Alaska educationally successful.
- Develop, update and provide resources regarding campus services, local housing and transportation options, and the student services available from the Seattle campus.
- Participate in the promotion and marketing of the Alaska Satellite Campus to law students. Provide on-boarding activities and services to visiting 3L students from other institutions.
- Engage Alaska School of Law alumni, developing activities and programs that promote the School, provide mentorship opportunities for students, and positive exposure of the School and its Alumni programs.
- Develop and manage program events for students, alumni and friends in Alaska, including the advertising, web content, social media and other details required for successful events, including post event evaluation.
- Coordinate with the Center for Professional Development staff to provide students with career services and resources for their job search. Be the onsite staff person to connect Alaska program participants with career advisors located in Seattle.
- Provide administrative services and support to adjunct faculty, ensuring that they receive the necessary academic resources and that all employment records are up to date.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications staff to manage and update the website and Alaska Satellite Campus marketing materials.
Palmer: Law Office Assistant - Stohler Law P.C.
Seeking an experienced, organized, reliable, professional law office assistant. Responsibilities will range from the mundane (filing) to the more specialized (drafting pleadings, assistance with trial preparation). Excellent people, writing, and organizational skills are a MUST. You will need to have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated. The job requires independent thinking. This is a long-term position in a small office setting with room for personal and professional growth.
Wage is negotiable and dependent upon experience.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.