Anchorage: Corporate Paralegal - Calista Corp.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Associates degree in Paralegal Studies or at least two years of related exp.
- Prior ANCSA or working with Native corps helpful
- Research baseline legal req. for filings
- Support Gen. & Assoc. Counsel to form, dissolve and merge subsidiary entities
- Prepare and file reports with appropriate government agencies
- Support counsel work pertaining to litigation, arbitration, mediation and other claims
- Provide support regarding non-domestic licensing and registration
- Track & file business license reports
- Provide ancillary support during board meetings
- Compile info for and file state and federal employer lobbyist reports
- Provide support to subsidiaries applying for and participating in the SBA 8(a) program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Create first drafts of basic documents such as resolutions, letters or agreements
- Support General Counsel in the administration of the Legal Department, including expense reporting and tracking
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as required or as position evolves
To view the full job description or to apply, please visit the following link:
Any questions regarding this position should be directed to:
Cherrelle Borrero, HR Recruiter
Anchorage: Paralegal (Legal Program) - 37.5 hrs/week, non-exempt position
Supervised by the Anchorage Senior Staff Attorney designated by the Legal Program Director.
Support Anchorage staff attorneys to provide competent service to clients; and support all functions of the Legal Program.
Provide technical assistance to member programs regarding the court system and the court process. Assist Network staff with projects and respond to general requests for information.
Conduct legal research; draft memos, policy recommendations, and research summaries on topics as requested.
Perform case management and coordination; monitor, prioritize, and report on status of cases.
Assist staff in preparation of motions and legal briefs and other documents as needed. Monitor and track the court docket and case schedule and assist with case scheduling.
Draft subpoenas, serve and/or arrange for service; assemble exhibits, affidavits and other legal documents for use in case preparation and trial or administrative hearings. File documents with the court system.
Manage administrative tasks in Anchorage legal office including processing incoming and outgoing mail, assisting staff with large/bulk mailings and usage of FedEx/DHL, and purchasing office supplies.
Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred; experience in a legal or shelter setting may substitute. Background in domestic violence and/or sexual assault programing preferred. Ability to work both independently and cooperatively; experience in legal research and writing; and skill in oral and written communication. Willingness to adhere to the Network’s philosophy, policies and procedures; commitment to the elimination of personal and societal violence in the lives of women and children.
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 references in a Word Document or PDF to
Katy Soden: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
431 West 7th Ave., Suite 205
Anchorage, AK 99501
Position located in Anchorage, Alaska and open until filled. ANDVSA is an equal opportunity employer. No telephone inquiries please.
Anchorage: Litigation Assistant – State of Alaska
The Department of Law, Civil Division, Anchorage, is recruiting for the position of Litigation Assistant to assist workers’ compensation attorneys in the Torts and Workers’ Compensation Section. This is an upper level legal assistant position for an applicant with well-developed research, writing, document management, and analytical skills. The incumbent will be part of a team in administrative workers’ compensation litigation and may be in charge of document collection and tracking, other aspects of discovery, review and analysis of medical information, and witness coordination, and will assist with hearing preparation and various appeal activities. The assistant may be required to attend prehearing conferences of the Alaska Workers’ Compensation Board in lieu of an attorney. Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills are necessary as well as an ability to manage multiple large or complex tasks or projects with minimal supervision. The incumbent will work directly with the state’s workers’ compensation claims administrator and outside adjusters and may assist with training section support staff. The assistant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet short deadlines, and adapt to shifting priorities. Prior experience in workers’ compensation or other administrative law fields is preferred, but not required.
This position is a non-attorney position assigned to the partially exempt service. Beginning salary is $4,662/month (as of July 1, 2016) DOE and includes a full-time benefit package.
A resume, an originally authored writing sample, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references are required to apply. Submit the application package to Kelly West, Attorney General’s Office, 1031 W. 4th Avenue, Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99501 or Kelly.West@alaska.gov. Application deadline is September 2, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. Questions regarding the position can be sent via e-mail to: Susan.Cox@alaska.gov.
Anchorage: Receptionist - Sedor, Wendlandt, Evans & Filippi, LLC
We are looking for a receptionist for our downtown law firm. As our receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for the company and you will provide administrative support across the organization. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all administrative tasks are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Part-time potential. Salary DOE.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
- Ensuring reception area is tidy
- General upkeep of the office, including dusting, dishes, organizing supplies, etc.
- Proven working experience in similar roles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize
- High school degree
Please send your resume via email to:
Jamie Gorman, Sedor, Wendlandt, Evans & Filippi, LLC
500 L Street, Suite 500
Anchorage, AK 99501
Anchorage: Legal Secretary - Reeves Amodio LLC
Long-established downtown law firm seeks experienced Legal Secretary. Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office, possess a good attitude, and have a professional appearance. Candidate should be familiar with court rules and procedures, work well under pressure and have strong document/file management skills. We are looking for someone who also is good at greeting the public as the job includes receptionist duties and communicating with clients. This can be a part-time or full-time position, office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Competitive salary DOE. Please contact Jennifer at email@example.com.
Anchorage: Litigation Paralegal (Full-time) – Delaney Wiles, Inc.
Delaney Wiles, Inc., one of Alaska’s oldest and most respected firms, is seeking a full-time, experienced litigation paralegal. Responsibilities include
- assisting lawyers with document/information management (hard copy and electronic)
- factual analysis
- trial support
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of all phases of litigation, discovery, and trial procedures, as well as e-discovery, case management and trial presentation software.
Occasional overtime to meet court deadlines may be required. Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure are essential. A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in paralegal studies is strongly preferred, along with 3-5 years of litigation paralegal experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life, long-term disability, Section 125 Flex Benefits Plan, generous time off policies, 401K and parking. We are particularly proud of the long tenure of many of our employees, indicating we are not only a great place to do business, but a great place to work as well!
Please submit your resume, letter of interest and references to Jennifer Ginzinger, Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Legal Secretary (Part-Time) - Hughes Gorski Seedorf Odsen & Tervooren, LLC
Hughes Gorski Seedorf Odsen & Tervooren, LLC has a position available for a part-time (25-30 hours/week) legal secretary to provide support for its litigation practice. Must have strong organizational and time management skills, be detail-oriented, be proficient in using Microsoft Word, demonstrate good judgment, have an understanding of the civil rules and calendaring, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team. Prefer applicants with at least five years of experience. Actual schedule is flexible and to be determined. Hughes Gorski is an EEO employer and provides excellent benefits. Salary DOE. Please send a letter of interest, resume and references to Kimberlee Colbo, Hughes Gorski, 3900 C Street, Suite 1001, Anchorage, Alaska 99503 or by email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Anchorage: Temporary Paralegal Position - Fortier & Mikko
Four- Attorney, established Anchorage Midtown law firm is looking for an experienced paralegal familiar with litigation software, including Casemap and Trial Director, familiar with civil practice and willing to challenge the powers that be. At present, the position is temporary, full time with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Please email resume, letters of recommendation and writing sample (if available) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Logging discovery, summarizing depositions, deposition and trial exhibit preparation
- Summarize medical records, send medical requests, analyze records
- Assist in preparation of initial disclosure
- Management of all hard copy and electronic documentation, including but not limited to client files, mail, memos, expense reports, pleadings, etc
- Maintain organized and efficient filing system
- Document creation/data input
- Assist in preparing attorney and clients for various legal proceedings including oral argument, depositions and trial
- Provide support in preparation for trial and at trial (witness communication and scheduling, preparation of trial exhibits and jury instructions
- Three to five years litigation experience
- High proficiency in utilization of litigation software as well as MS Word, MS Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding and adherence to maintaining strict confidentiality
Anchorage: Corporate Paralegal - Bristol Bay Native Corporation
This position supports four attorneys and the legal supervisor and supervises the legal assistant. The position is expected to perform duties related to business operations, acquisitions, divestments, litigation, permitting, maintaining corporate records, and preparing reports and filings for government agencies. The corporate paralegal also reviews, analyzes, and organizes factual information and documentation in accordance with corporate legal practice and procedure.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Legal Supervisor in the administration of her duties
- Take corporate minutes and draft corporate resolutions
- Support the work of the litigation attorney
- Form, dissolve, and merge corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, includes maintenance of corporate records for corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Prepare and file reports for companies with appropriate government agencies
- Conduct legal research and monitor federal, state, and local legislation
- Prepare, review, write, or edit documents, correspondence, contracts, and administrative filings
- Maintain contract data base and attorney files for the department and assist in the collection and organization of all department files
- Assist with review of estate transfer and stock gifting documents and files
- Review and edit contracts, leases, and solicitations
- Identify and assume responsibility for projects that are not being covered
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A proactive work style to complement a highly productive and collaborative team
- Must be able to work independently, and proactively look for work
- Possess outstanding writing and research skills
- Be a team player with a broad skill set
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and their relationship to corporate and securities matters, knowledge of various state and city licensing laws and requirements
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of government contracting a plus
- Data management, computer skills, schedule, organize and coordinate documents
- Paralegal certificate or over five years as a corporate paralegal
View full job description
Anchorage: Legal Secretary/Paralegal - Otterson Law Office
Small growing family law firm needs a legal secretary, a paralegal or legal assistant, and a file clerk. We can use any combination of those skills. The ideal applicant has legal experience, but not necessarily in family law. You should be solid on the basics: service under Civil Rules 4 and 5, calendaring motion responses, dealing with the court, etc. Just as important is general literacy, computer literacy, mastery of MS Word (including macros, merges, etc). We may be able to design the job around your interests and skills, and if you're strong in several areas, we can train in the ones you still need to learn (other than the basics listed above).
Please, no resumes or other attachments. You may paste such information into your email response. Include two work references and a description of your interests, the skills you are solid on, specific things you want to learn, career goals, and preferred job structure, if any (eg. full or part-time, compensation sought, etc.). We have an all-star team, and are looking for 'A player.' If that's you, please email your response to email@example.com.
Anchorage: Paralegal - R. Crabtree, APC
R. Crabtree, APC is an Anchorage law firm whose practice is concentrated in the area of the enforcement of creditors’ rights.
- preparation of legal letters and documents including complaints
- assistance with various tasks and projects to comply with client requirements
The successful candidate’s work must be accurate, complete, and it must conform to reporting and procedural standards. Likewise, he or she must be able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish common goals, to use Microsoft Office programs including Word, to solve problems, and to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively. Attention to detail is critical.
A bachelor’s degree and paralegal certification, or at least 5 years of experience is preferred. We are looking for a highly reliable person who is capable of taking on the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment and learning new tasks.
This is a full-time office job and the employee will be sitting at a desk working on a computer for the majority of the day.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wage DOE. We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits, vacation/sick pay, and a 401(k) plan with partial employer matching contributions. The successful candidate must be able to pass a thorough background check and a rigorous drug screening. All interested applicants should email a résumé and cover letter to Richard Crabtree at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Firm Accountant - R. Crabtree, APC
R. Crabtree, APC is an Anchorage-based law-firm whose practice is concentrated in the area of the enforcement of creditors’ rights. The Firm Accountant plays an important role in the firm's accounting and decision-making processes.
- Data entry.
- Preparation of accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports.
- Examination and analysis of such records to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Posting transactions.
- Reconciling transactions.
- Assistance with various other tasks and projects to comply with client requirements.
The successful candidate’s work must be accurate, complete, and it must conform to reporting and procedural standards. Likewise, he or she must be able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish common goals, to solve problems, and to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively.
All applicants should already be able to use Microsoft Excel effectively and able to learn other software quickly. Attention to detail is critical. A bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred, may substitute 5 years or more of experience.
This is a full-time office job and the employee will be sitting at a desk working on a computer for the majority of the day.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive wage DOE. We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits, vacation/sick pay, and a 401(k) plan with partial employer matching contributions. The successful candidate must be able to pass a thorough background check and a rigorous drug screening. All interested applicants should forward a résumé and cover letter to Richard Crabtree at email@example.com.
Fairbanks: Legal Assistant – Satterberg Law Offices
We are an established, fast-paced, 3-attorney civil and criminal trial practice looking for a full time legal assistant located in the Fairbanks/North Pole/Ft. Wainwright/Eielson AFB area.
Multi-tasking skills and office experience are vital. Experience in the field of law is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and keyboarding are essential, as are strong written and oral communication skills. This is a professionally demanding, but exciting place to work!
Skills tests and on-the-job training will occur prior to full-time hiring to ensure a seamless transition for the firm.
Competitive pay DOE, with benefits available after a 3-month trial period at the full-time level has been completed.
Please send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and references to Satterberg Law Office via e-mail, in person or by fax to:
709 4th Ave.,
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Fax (907) 452-3988
Juneau: Public Policy Specialist - Alaska Network on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
Major Areas of Responsibility
Palmer: Law Office Assistant - Stohler Law P.C.
Seeking an experienced, organized, reliable, professional law office assistant. Responsibilities will range from the mundane (filing) to the more specialized (drafting pleadings, assistance with trial preparation). Excellent people, writing, and organizational skills are a MUST. You will need to have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated. The job requires independent thinking. This is a long-term position in a small office setting with room for personal and professional growth.
Wage is negotiable and dependent upon experience.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.