Anchorage: Front Desk / Office Assistant - Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC
Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC seeks personable, reliable and professional individual for front desk / office assistant position. This individual answers a multi-line phone system, responds to inquiries, and routes calls appropriately in a fast-paced law office. General office duties include handling incoming / outgoing documents (mail/faxes/hand deliveries), opening and closing files, maintaining filing, calculating deadlines, and assisting with billing and other administrative projects as assigned. Minimum one year prior experience in a professional office. Prior law office and/or billing experience a plus. Non-smoking office. Salary DOE. Benefits include medical, long-term disability and life insurance, paid parking and 401(k) plan. Submit cover letter, resume and three professional reference to email@example.com or by fax to 907-272-9586. EEO/AA.
Anchorage: Office Administrator - Delaney Wiles, Inc.
Delaney Wiles, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time office administrator for its 11-attorney firm. Position requires strong IT administration skills, financial management capabilities with accounting background, HR administration, insurance benefits, effective communication skills, and a professional friendly demeanor. We offer a great compensation package including full benefits. Please send resume, cover letter and professional references to Scott Gerlach at firstname.lastname@example.org and Cindy Ducey at email@example.com.
Anchorage: Hybrid Legal Assistant/Paralegal - Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker
Established law firm, Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker seeks a fulltime legal assistant/paralegal to support our Anchorage Alaska office. Best fit candidates are experienced in paralegal work, have high aptitude to learn new technology and processes, and thrive as the go-to support person for a small (two attorney) office. Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Assist attorneys in all phases of the litigation processes, from initiation of a case through the discovery, trial, post-trial, and appeal.
- Oversee and organize physical and electronic documents for multi-party and multi-jurisdiction litigation, (on firm server, document management software, or on cloud based systems) into consolidated, searchable database.
- Draft and summarize articles, reports, pleadings, witness statements and depositions.
- Transcribe, proofread, and finalize legal documents, engagement letters, subpoenas, summons, court papers.
- Prepare court documents for ECF in appropriate courts according to state and federal local rules; able to generate TOAs and TOCs.
- Establish, organize, and maintain issue files/notebooks, attorney trial notebooks, master chronology of case docs, and witness/expert witness notebooks.
- Conduct research and locate relevant cases, statutes, precedents, depositions, opinions, reports and information related to the matter; identify liens filed by contractor and/or subcontractors.
- Maintain attorney(s) calendars by planning and scheduling depositions, client interviews, teleconferences, travel itineraries, etc.; schedule and docket court appearances, discovery dates, case management dates, trial dates, etc.; track attorney CLE.
- Prepare client conflict checks working with attorney(s) and accounting department.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university; or a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years work experience in a legal support role including Paralegal work.
- Working knowledge of e-discovery tools, including electronic document management, preferred.
Anchorage: Receptionist - Jermain, Dunnagan & Owens
Jermain, Dunnagan & Owens is recruiting for an experienced part-time receptionist. Position requires strong communication skills, dependability, punctuality, proficient computer skills including MS Office, and a professional friendly demeanor. Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to Tanya Wood at email@example.com.
Anchorage: Legal Secretary - Richmond & Quinn
Richmond & Quinn, a civil litigation firm located downtown, has an opening for a Legal Secretary
Typing, editing, finalizing documents
Calendaring with MS Outlook
Scheduling of travel and other attorney activities
Ensuring accurate filings in State and Federal Courts
Other legal secretarial duties as assigned
Thorough knowledge of State and Federal rules
litigation experience is required
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and MS Office Suite
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines
Excellent benefits include: profit sharing, 401(k); medical & dental insurance, paid leave, holidays, paid parking and competitive hourly rate - DOE.
Qualified, interested candidates may email a resume to Dan Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org; or Bob Richmond at email@example.com or fax it to 276-2953.
Anchorage: Office Administrator - Richmond & Quinn
Richmond & Quinn is seeking a full time law office administrator. The firm is a 7 lawyer firm with a good group of lawyers, an outstanding staff and it provides excellent compensation and benefits. The candidate must have accounting experience. The position is open immediately so please call Dan Quinn at 907-276-5727 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anchorage: Legal Administrative Assistant
A dynamic group operating to advocate for wrongfully injured Alaskans is looking to add someone with your administrative talents to their team! If you thrive in a legal environment and love the idea of a companionable canine around the office, send your resume to Jillian Caswell (email@example.com) today!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answering phone inquiries from existing clients, new clients, court staff, opposing counsel, other professionals (medical records, experts, etc.)
- Manage internal and external communications utilizing email, faxes, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Calendaring utilizing Outlook and Abacus
- Preparation of monthly team meetings
- Management of all hard copy and electronic documentation, including but not limited to client files, mail, memos, expense reports, pleadings, etc.
- Create client files, both hard and digital copies
- Maintain organized and efficient filing system
- Document creation/data input in Word and Excel (formatting pleadings, word processing, medical treatment spreadsheets, expense reports, etc.)
- Assist in preparing attorney and clients for various legal proceedings of oral argument, depositions and trial
- Provide support in preparation for trial (witness communication and scheduling, preparation of trial exhibits and jury instructions, etc.)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in law office setting; familiarity with court rules preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills including telephone etiquette, effective verbal and communication skills and ability to work with people of diverse background
- Understanding and adherence to maintaining strict confidentiality of all legal and medical matters
- Proactive time management abilities to prioritize and accomplish tasks independently and as a team with colleagues with attention to detail
- Notary Public or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Some college education highly desirable
- Any experience with Abacus Law
Successful candidate may be required to pass a comprehensive civil, criminal, educational and/or credit background check.
Open until filled.
Anchorage: Legal Secretary - Law Offices of Gregory J. Grebe
Full time legal secretary with 5 years on the job experience. Familiar with State/Federal court rules/filing. Document/file management skills a must. Proficient in MS and highly skilled in general clerical tasks. Willing to provide overall office support. Salary DOE with benefits. Sole Practitioner, Personal Injury Lawyer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anchorage: Investigations Coordinator – Fair Housing - Alaska Legal Services Corporation
Alaska Legal Services Corporation (ALSC) has an opening for a full-time investigations coordinator in the Anchorage office, starting as soon as possible, to manage ALSC’s fair housing testing investigations.
ALSC is a private non-profit law firm providing free civil legal assistance to low-income Alaskans through 11 offices throughout the state. The fair housing program works to eliminate illegal housing discrimination and promotes equal access to housing by providing education, outreach, technical assistance, and enforcement opportunities specifically related to federal, state, and local fair housing laws.
This position’s duties and responsibilities include: implement and manage fair housing investigations, assist with community outreach efforts, maintain accurate records of investigations, prepare clear and detailed investigative reports, assist in fair housing tester training and recruitment, and assist with grant reporting.
Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required. Knowledge of fair housing laws and/or paralegal experience preferred. Familiarity with cross-cultural situations desirable. Computer proficiency required (Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail, and data entry).
ALSC is strongly committed to employing a diverse staff. Alaska Natives, Native Americans, other minorities, women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary $28,064 to $46,118 per year DOE. Generous leave and benefits package. Position open until filled; applicants are urged to apply soon. To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to:
Fair Housing Enforcement Project Director
Dillingham: Community Advocate - Alaska Legal Services
Alaska Legal Services Corporation has an opening for a Community Advocate in our Dillingham office. ALSC provides free legal services to low-income Alaskans. Position is part time, 20 hours/week, with potential for becoming full time position.
Duties include telephone and front desk reception, including interviewing/screening prospective clients; developing familiarity in areas of law important to our clients; drafting routine documents and correspondence; general clerical duties; basic legal and factual research; providing litigation support for attorneys; handling brief service caseload with attorney supervision; community education presentations and assistance with legal clinics; and identifying, developing, and working with community partners on issues of importance to ALSC clients.
Prior legal experience is not required. High School diploma or equivalent required AND (A) some relevant experience in a related field; or (B) successful completion of a relevant internship or degree program. Computer proficiency required (Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, Internet, e-mail and data entry). Proficiency in written and verbal communication required. Patience and tact in dealing with people from different cultures is essential. Travel to rural areas may be required.
Salary $15.95 - $27.97 per hour DOE. Personal leave and benefits package available. Position open until filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Leigh Dickey, Supervising Attorney
ALSC is strongly committed to employing a diverse staff.
Native Americans, other minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Fairbanks: Legal Secretary - Clapp, Peterson, Tiemessen, Thorsness & Johnson,
Clapp, Peterson, Tiemessen, Thorsness & Johnson, LLC in the Fairbanks office seeks a full-time, entry level Legal Secretary with flexible hours. Duties to include general secretarial duties: typing, filing, copying, running routine office errands, answering phones, etc. The successful candidate will be a team-oriented with attention to detail. Office experience preferred. Please fax or e-mail resume and three references to Clapp, Peterson, Tiemessen, Thorsness, & Johnson LLC at (907) 479-7966 or email@example.com.
Fairbanks: Paralegal - Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC
Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC seeks a paralegal in the Fairbanks office with experience in civil litigation, including professional malpractice and products liability. Successful candidate will be reliable, self-motivated and highly organized with a minimum of three years of related experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Send letter of interest, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax information to (907) 479-7966.
Sitka: Office Manager - Alaska Network on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
Assist Alaska Network on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Legal Program Director with administrative and project support in providing statewide legal services to victims. Duties include office management, assisting with grant reporting, working with legal advocates in receiving applications for services, scheduling with volunteer attorneys and other support projects. Office located in Sitka.
BA in related field or 4 years relevant work/volunteer experience. Understanding of domestic violence/sexual assault issues and excellent communication and office skills required.
Full-time, salary $30,225- $41,360 DOE, health benefits and retirement. Open until filled. Job description available at www.andvsa.org or 586-3650.
Please fax cover letter and resume to (907)747-7547 or email to email@example.com. ANDVSA is an equal opportunity employer.