Anchorage: Legal Office Assistant - Trustees for Alaska
Trustees for Alaska, a non-profit public interest environmental law firm, seeks a Legal Office Assistant. Successful candidates will have strong organizational and administrative skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. The position is primarily responsible for providing administrative assistance to six attorneys, including updating pleadings files, preparing legal documents for filing, sending and receiving some attorney mail, maintaining a calendar of events and filing deadlines, maintaining project files, and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications should include: (1) knowledge of general office practices and procedures; (2) ability to organize work, manage time, establish priorities and meet deadlines; (3) ability to read, comprehend, interpret and apply written material; (4) knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro; (5) skilled in formatting and editing letters, forms, and documents; (6) attention to detail and accuracy; (7) passion for protecting the environment of Alaska; (8) ability to work both independently and in a collaborative, team-based environment; and (9) a sense of humor. The position is full-time with a competitive salary and benefits. To apply, send an e-mail with “Legal Office Assistant” in the subject line to email@example.com, and attach a resume, cover letter, and references. For a full job description, please go to: http://www.trustees.org/legal-office-assistant-job-opening/.
Anchorage: Administrative Assistant I - Alaska Court System
MINIMUM SALARY: $3,358.00 MONTHLY
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 21, 2015
The Alaska Court System (ACS) is accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant I in Anchorage to serve as the Judicial Assistant to a Superior Court Judge. The selected applicant will:
- Provide responsible and confidential clerical, technical, and administrative support for the judge;
- Schedule meetings, appointments, and coordinate the calendar assignments of the judge;
- Type and perform edits on correspondence, orders, and documents authorized by the judge;
- Generate simple orders for signature regarding various matters;
- Work files with pending motions and determine readiness and urgency for handling by the judge;
- Distribute and docket signed orders and notices;
- Manage and maintain matters under advisement and assigned caseload;
- Print, amend, and organize jury instructions when requested;
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors;
- Make travel arrangements for the judge;
- Use tact and discretion in the amount and type of information given in response to inquiries;
- Prepare and submit semi-monthly pay affidavits, judicial leave reports, and listings of pending decisions;
- Prepare and submit travel and expense claims.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from high school or completion of a General Education Development (GED) certificate AND two years of progressively responsible, fully qualified secretarial work experience AND the ability to type at least 40 words per minute (net).
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and why you are the ideal applicant; a comprehensive resume; and a typing certification verifying net speed of at least 40 words per minute. Send to: ACS Human Resources, 820 W. Fourth Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 21, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. For detailed job and benefit information, please visit http://courts.alaska.gov/hr/index.htm
Anchorage: Paralegal/Legal Assistant - Manly & Brautigam, P.C.
Manley & Brautigam, P.C. is recruiting for a litigation paralegal/legal assistant with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of court rules and procedures, advanced experience with Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013, Adobe Pro and electronic discovery, attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment, and strong communication skills.
Duties will include typing, editing and finalizing documents, scheduling and calendaring of case-related dates and deadlines, electronic file management, time entry, and other tasks as assigned.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent full benefits package. Qualified, interested candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter and professional references to email@example.com.
Anchorage: Legal Assistant/Paralegal - Law Office of Tim Petumenos
The Law Office of Tim Petumenos is seeking a part time and a full time Legal Assistant/Paralegal for immediate hire. The Applicant should have Alaska and Federal litigation experience and acquaintance with litigation support software, and electronic discovery. The Law Office of Tim Petumenos prides itself on creating staff positions that provide meaningful and interesting work that keeps tedium to a minimum by employing systems that reduce paper filing and other menial tasks. The professional hired will be asked to be a part of a team of professionals operating at a sophisticated level to the benefit of its clients without hierarchical impediments. Creative and flexible compensation and time commitment are open for discussion for those applicants with special family needs or other concerns. Please email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Anchorage: Law Clerk I - Alaska Court System
Closing Date: 9/30/2015
The Alaska Court System (ACS) is accepting applications for a Law Clerk to serve a Superior Court Judge in Anchorage, Alaska. The position is available from November 2015 through August 2016. The successful applicant will perform research relating to motions before the court; summarize case files; and prepare memoranda and recommendations. The position may also organize files, review case files for procedural sufficiency, and review orders and judgments prepared for signature.
Applications for the law clerk position with the Superior Court judge should be received no later than September 30, 2015. However, the judge may make a job offer prior to the application deadline.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited law school with an LLB or JD.
Benefits: The ACS provides health insurance for the employee and eligible dependents, 11 paid holidays, leave, Supplemental Benefits System (SBS), and the opportunity to participate in the Deferred Compensation Plan. Travel and moving expenses may be eligible for reimbursement according to the policies of the ACS.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, law school transcripts, a brief writing sample not substantially edited by someone else; and two letters of recommendation from law professors or others familiar with the applicant’s work.
Mail applications to: Alaska Court System, Human Resource Department, 820 W. Fourth Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501.
Fax applications to: (907) 264-8262.
Email applications to: email@example.com.
For more information, visit http://www.courts.alaska.gov/hr/index.htm and select “Information for Prospective Law Clerks.” For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (907) 264-8242.
(Posted 8/17/2015) ________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anchorage: Paralegal - Brena Bell & Clarkson
Brena, Bell & Clarkson, PC. (“BBC”) is a well-respected and successful Alaska law firm with eleven attorneys engaged in a highly competitive practice involving national and state-wide oil & gas, commercial, ad valorem, utility, and regulatory litigation. BBC is looking for a positive, team-oriented paralegal with a legal secretarial pedigree and extensive experience with e-discovery in large litigation and appellate cases. Proficiency in Summation, Relativity, or Concordance e-discovery is important. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Amicus Attorney is helpful. Highly competitive compensation and benefit package. Non-smoking office. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Anchorage: Trust Administrator - First National Bank Alaska
First National Bank Alaska is recruiting for an experienced Trust Administrator. Excellent opportunity to join a collaborative, professional team. FNBA is a well-established Alaska company with a sterling reputation. Interesting work administering trusts with diverse purposes such as individual, retirement planning, estate, special needs, charitable, wealth management, education, etc. Focused on providing exceptional service and highly ethical stewardship. Willing to hire at level III or IV depending on experience.
Ideal candidate has past trust & investment management experience, strong client relationship management skills, demonstrated track record with business development and knowledge of investments. Legal education or training helpful (i.e. law school, law firm experience involving review and interpretation of complex legal documents, business law courses, etc.)
Family-friendly company offering full benefits, competitive compensation and work-life balance. For more information see www.fnbalaska.com. See full job posting and apply online at www.fnbalaska.jobs.com.
Anchorage: SBA Compliance & Legal Assistant - Alutiiq, LLC
Alutiiq, LLC is looking for a full-time SBA Compliance & Legal Assistant. This position reports to the SBA Compliance Director and is responsible for providing a wide range of support the legal department in connection with the Small Business Administration Programs and other areas of legal compliance.
- Assist the SBA Compliance Director & Paralegal in connection with Small Business Administration Compliance and other legal department matters.
- Assist the SBA Compliance Director & Paralegal in serving as a liaison to the Small Business Administration by maintaining an open line of communication between Alutiiq subsidiaries and the SBA and coordinating and responding to requests;
- Assist with the completion and submission of SBA 8(a) Business Development Program applications, Bona Fide office certifications, Mentor Protégé Agreement applications and Joint Venture Agreement applications;
- Assist with preparation of SBA 8(a) BD Program Annual Reviews and other reporting requirements;
- Assist with SBA requests for information, data calls and reports to ensure that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with the maintenance and monitoring of corporate registrations in external government databases including SAM;
- Assist with coordination with other company departments and divisions including human resources, finance and operations to ensure compliance with government contracting rules and regulations;
- Assist in the development and centralization of databases to track corporate and government compliance;
- Assist with training of Alutiiq’s Executive Teams regarding the SBA rules and regulations, corporate governance principles, and other topics that arise;
- General file maintenance, copying, scanning, faxing, data entry, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
A complete job posting can be found at www.alutiiq.com
Anchorage: Paralegal - Stoel Rives
The Anchorage office of Stoel Rives seeks an enthusiastic and highly responsible paralegal to join its Litigation practice group, focusing on all aspects of pretrial work, trial preparation and presentation. The successful candidate will be energetic and organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, independent judgment, good analytical ability, and strong case management skills. A working knowledge of state and federal court rules and practice is required. A strong background in Concordance, CaseMap, Summation, E-binder or other document management applications is desirable.
Please apply online at http://www.stoel.com/admin_home.htm
Anchorage: Paralegal- Power and Brown, LLC
Power and Brown, LLC is a dynamic litigation firm operating throughout Alaska, looking for a motivated fulltime Paralegal to primarily handle personal injury cases, but also to assist with criminal cases, family law matters, and estates. The paralegal position is based at our Anchorage Office.
- Paralegal Certificate
- Strong organizational skills
- Technologically savvy and willing to collaborate with others virtually
- Excellent communication skills for effective and positive relationships with clients
- Self-initiator and problem solver, with an ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask effectively and perform on deadline
- Maintain client relationships through regular contact
- Conduct research and fact-finding including witness interviews
- Manage client files, including discovery requests and responses, and case deadlines
- Prepare, file and serve pleadings, letters, and subpoenas
- Proof read pleadings and letters
- Communicate frequently with managing attorneys on case and task statuses
Rate of pay: DOE
Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Michele at 907-222-9900 with any questions.
Anchorage: Paralegal/Legal Secretary - Banker Law Group
Banker Law Group, PC is a personal injury law firm in downtown Anchorage, AK, looking for a motivated Paralegal or Experienced Legal Secretary. This is a great opportunity for an individual who cares deeply about people, enjoys being busy with a variety of tasks, and is passionate about client service.
We have a proven record in serious cases. Our mission is to give clients the best possible representation from the beginning of their case to its conclusion.
You will be responsible for a substantial amount of legal work in a fast-paced environment. Please review the following responsibilities and requirements prior to applying. When applying, please send a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements.
- Prepare, file and serve all pleadings and other court documents in litigation
- Review pleadings and other documents filed by opposing counsel and other parties in litigation
- Prepare and coordinate discovery requests and responses
- Schedule depositions, mediations, expert witness testimony, etc. . .
- Keep managing attorney(s) informed of all developments and actions taken in a case
- Manage and coordinate schedule and deadlines for all cases assigned to managing attorney
- Maintain positive relations with clients through regular communication
- Proof reading documents and letters
- Bachelor Degree or Paralegal Certificate and 3-5 years of experience in personal injury and/or insurance defense litigation preferred
- High level of knowledge regarding key legal concepts
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills
- Innovative problem resolution and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced/dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer experience should include knowledge of Outlook and Word
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
Please submit application materials by email to: email@example.com
Fairbanks: Receptionist - Downes, Tallerico & Schwalm Law Firm, LLC
The law firm of Downes, Tallerico & Schwalm seeks a full-time receptionist with a minimum of 1 year of legal experience. This position requires a professional appearance and excellent demeanor. Candidates must be well organized and possess excellent grammar, spelling, and oral communications skills. Duties include answering phones, greeting clients, processing incoming and outgoing mail and courier deliveries, all client intake activities,client inquiries, maintain call records and track caller details. Handle scanning, photocopying, faxing, and filing of documents. Candidate must be proficient and knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products and have excellent attention to detail in a multi-tasking environment.
Please provide resume and professional references to Karen@goldenheartlaw.com.
Fairbanks: Legal Secretary - Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC
Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC seeks a full-time legal secretary in our Fairbanks office. Applicants must be personable, reliable, and professional. Practice focus is professional malpractice defense, employment, and commercial matters. The successful candidate will be a team-oriented secretary with attention to detail, word processing, document management and organizational skills. Experience in state and federal court filing is required. Minimum three years experience as a legal secretary; certification a plus.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 907-479-7966. EEO/AA
- Calculating and calendaring dates from documents (incoming and outgoing) and maintaining attorney schedules
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures, including appellate procedures
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Obtaining records
- Organizing and maintaining files
- Preparing legal documents and correspondence
- Proofreading and formatting documents.
Fairbanks: Paralegal - Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC
Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC seeks a paralegal in the Fairbanks office with experience in civil litigation, including professional malpractice and products liability. Successful candidate will be reliable, self-motivated and highly organized with a minimum of three years of related experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Send letter of interest, resume and three professional references to email@example.com or fax information to (907) 479-7966.
Juneau: Workers’ Compensation Division Director
This position has primary responsibility for administering the Alaska Workers’ Compensation Act (A.S. 23.30). The Workers’ Compensation Division includes Workers’ Compensation Administration, Reemployment Benefits, Second Injury Fund, Fishermen’s Fund, Benefits Guaranty Fund and Special Investigation Unit.
- Directly supervises the staff and activities of the Workers’ Compensation Division;
- Provides leadership and direction to the Alaska Workers’ Compensation Board and division staff by developing policies which govern the adjudication of claims and payment of benefits, assuring compliance with the legislative intent of the Act;
- Reviews business processes and makes changes to staffing or procedures to make the division’s performance more efficient and effective;
- Reviews regulations and statutes and makes recommendations to the Commissioner, the Workers’ Compensation Board, and the Legislature;
- Coordinates division activities with other divisions within the department, other agencies within state government, and officials from other local, state, and federal jurisdictions;
- Interprets provisions of the Act and provides advice and counseling on controversial issues regarding work injury claims to division staff, injured workers, employers, insurance company representatives, attorneys, medical professionals and labor union representatives;
- Prepares the annual operating budget for the division;
- Responds to legislative audits and inquiries regarding the division.
A law degree is preferred.
This position is in the partially-exempt service in accordance with AS 39.25.120(C)(2). The partially exempt service is established by statute and is subject to the state’s classification and pay plan. Positions are exempt from the usual recruitment process and serve at the discretion of the appointing authority. This position is not covered by the terms of a collective bargaining agreement.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the Commissioner’s Office at Commissioner.Labor@alaska.gov. For any questions, please call (907) 465-2700.