Anchorage: Trust Administrator - First National Bank Alaska
First National Bank Alaska is recruiting for an experienced Trust Administrator. Excellent opportunity to join a collaborative, professional team. FNBA is a well-established Alaska company with a sterling reputation. Interesting work administering trusts with diverse purposes such as individual, retirement planning, estate, special needs, charitable, wealth management, education, etc. Focused on providing exceptional service and highly ethical stewardship. Willing to hire at level III or IV depending on experience.
Ideal candidate has past trust & investment management experience, strong client relationship management skills, demonstrated track record with business development and knowledge of investments. Legal education or training helpful (i.e. law school, law firm experience involving review and interpretation of complex legal documents, business law courses, etc.)
Family-friendly company offering full benefits, competitive compensation and work-life balance. For more information see www.fnbalaska.com. See full job posting and apply online at www.fnbalaska.jobs.com.
Anchorage: SBA Compliance & Legal Assistant - Alutiiq, LLC
Alutiiq, LLC is looking for a full-time SBA Compliance & Legal Assistant. This position reports to the SBA Compliance Director and is responsible for providing a wide range of support the legal department in connection with the Small Business Administration Programs and other areas of legal compliance.
- Assist the SBA Compliance Director & Paralegal in connection with Small Business Administration Compliance and other legal department matters.
- Assist the SBA Compliance Director & Paralegal in serving as a liaison to the Small Business Administration by maintaining an open line of communication between Alutiiq subsidiaries and the SBA and coordinating and responding to requests;
- Assist with the completion and submission of SBA 8(a) Business Development Program applications, Bona Fide office certifications, Mentor Protégé Agreement applications and Joint Venture Agreement applications;
- Assist with preparation of SBA 8(a) BD Program Annual Reviews and other reporting requirements;
- Assist with SBA requests for information, data calls and reports to ensure that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with the maintenance and monitoring of corporate registrations in external government databases including SAM;
- Assist with coordination with other company departments and divisions including human resources, finance and operations to ensure compliance with government contracting rules and regulations;
- Assist in the development and centralization of databases to track corporate and government compliance;
- Assist with training of Alutiiq’s Executive Teams regarding the SBA rules and regulations, corporate governance principles, and other topics that arise;
- General file maintenance, copying, scanning, faxing, data entry, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
A complete job posting can be found at www.alutiiq.com
Anchorage: Paralegal - Stoel Rives
The Anchorage office of Stoel Rives seeks an enthusiastic and highly responsible paralegal to join its Litigation practice group, focusing on all aspects of pretrial work, trial preparation and presentation. The successful candidate will be energetic and organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, independent judgment, good analytical ability, and strong case management skills. A working knowledge of state and federal court rules and practice is required. A strong background in Concordance, CaseMap, Summation, E-binder or other document management applications is desirable.
Please apply online at http://www.stoel.com/admin_home.htm
Anchorage: Administrative Assistant - Delaney Wiles, Inc.
Delaney Wiles, Inc. is hiring for an Administrative Assistant. This position entails assisting the paralegals, secretaries, and attorneys with their workloads. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for many tasks in the office, including court runs, supply inventories and ordering, maintenance of office machinery, copy production, covering for front desk reception, and duties as needed by office staff. The ideal candidate for this position should have initiative, be able to prioritize tasks, be willing to take responsibility and work accurately and efficiently, train reception or temp staff as needed, assist the office administrator, as well as being detail oriented. Candidate should be a high school graduate, some college preferred, but will consider other attributes of the right candidate. Should have working knowledge of Word, Excel and PDF documents, as well as general computer literacy. Previous law firm experience preferred, but is not a must. Please contact Delaney Wiles, Inc., if you are interested in this position. Position needs to be filled by the first week of August, 2015. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Paralegal- Power and Brown, LLC
Power and Brown, LLC is a dynamic litigation firm operating throughout Alaska, looking for a motivated fulltime Paralegal to primarily handle personal injury cases, but also to assist with criminal cases, family law matters, and estates. The paralegal position is based at our Anchorage Office.
- Paralegal Certificate
- Strong organizational skills
- Technologically savvy and willing to collaborate with others virtually
- Excellent communication skills for effective and positive relationships with clients
- Self-initiator and problem solver, with an ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask effectively and perform on deadline
- Maintain client relationships through regular contact
- Conduct research and fact-finding including witness interviews
- Manage client files, including discovery requests and responses, and case deadlines
- Prepare, file and serve pleadings, letters, and subpoenas
- Proof read pleadings and letters
- Communicate frequently with managing attorneys on case and task statuses
Rate of pay: DOE
Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. Contact Michele at 907-222-9900 with any questions.
Anchorage: Legal Rights Advocate - Disability Law Center
The Disability Law Center of Alaska, a nonprofit law firm advocating on behalf of Alaskans with disabilities, seeks Legal Rights Advocate with a strong background in disability advocacy, and preferably knowledge of social services available in Alaska.
The role of the Advocate is to inform individuals with disabilities about their options, to assist clients to express preferences, and to ensure that these preferences are heard and vigorously pursued within the scope of the law. This Advocate position will primarily focus on the rights of individuals with disabilities to access employment and to access government benefits, and on monitoring facilities that provide care and services to Alaskans with disabilities.
A genuine commitment to social justice for underserved populations, with an awareness of and sensitivity to people with disabilities is very important.
- Personal Credibility
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Critical Thinking
Download PDF of full job description at our website www.dlcak.org
Salary $35k+ doe. Fringe benefits include health, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, and generous personal leave.
- Cover letter;
- Application; (download application from our website at www.dlcak.org)
- Resume; and,
David C. Fleurant, Executive Director
3330 Arctic Blvd., Suite 103
Anchorage, AK 99503
Application packet may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although this website required a closing date, this position will remain open until filled.
Anchorage: Paralegal/Legal Secretary - Banker Law Group
Banker Law Group, PC is a personal injury law firm in downtown Anchorage, AK, looking for a motivated Paralegal or Experienced Legal Secretary. This is a great opportunity for an individual who cares deeply about people, enjoys being busy with a variety of tasks, and is passionate about client service.
We have a proven record in serious cases. Our mission is to give clients the best possible representation from the beginning of their case to its conclusion.
You will be responsible for a substantial amount of legal work in a fast-paced environment. Please review the following responsibilities and requirements prior to applying. When applying, please send a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements.
- Prepare, file and serve all pleadings and other court documents in litigation
- Review pleadings and other documents filed by opposing counsel and other parties in litigation
- Prepare and coordinate discovery requests and responses
- Schedule depositions, mediations, expert witness testimony, etc. . .
- Keep managing attorney(s) informed of all developments and actions taken in a case
- Manage and coordinate schedule and deadlines for all cases assigned to managing attorney
- Maintain positive relations with clients through regular communication
- Proof reading documents and letters
- Bachelor Degree or Paralegal Certificate and 3-5 years of experience in personal injury and/or insurance defense litigation preferred
- High level of knowledge regarding key legal concepts
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills
- Innovative problem resolution and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced/dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer experience should include knowledge of Outlook and Word
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
Please submit application materials by email to: email@example.com
Anchorage: Litigation Secretary - Holland & Knight
Holland & Knight is currently seeking a Legal Secretary to work in our Anchorage office. This position will provide legal administrative support to attorneys and assist in daily operations of the law firm. 4 – 5+ years of previous legal secretary experience in Alaska; litigation experience required; advanced Microsoft Office skills; excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills; comprehensive legal secretarial knowledge. EOE AA M/F/D/V
Essential functions include:
- Draft, transcribe and type routine correspondence and documents.
- E-filing in various State and Federal courts.
- Maintain files of correspondence and other records.
- Answer telephone and routine questions from clients and staff members and/or route calls to appropriate staff members.
- Schedule appointments, depositions, meetings, hearings, etc. and keep appointment calendar for attorney; make travel arrangements.
- Perform administrative duties such as file opening and closing.
- Receive, read, and route/answer incoming mail/e-mail.
- Draft legal documents and perform other legal administrative assistant duties under the supervision of an appropriate professional.
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anchorage: Office Manager - Trustees for Alaska
Trustees for Alaska, a non-profit public interest environmental law firm, seeks an Office Manager. Successful candidates will have strong organizational and administrative skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. The position provides support services to a staff of ten, including but not limited to, managing the organization’s finances, maintaining office systems, and managing human resources and IT support. Qualifications should include: (1) a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or related field; (2) 3 years of directly applicable experience; (3) knowledge of nonprofit bookkeeping; (4) proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and QuickBooks; (5) excellent communication skills; (6) experience with computer maintenance; (7) demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks; (8) passion for protecting the environment of Alaska; (9) ability to work both independently and in a collaborative, team-based environment; (10) high energy level; and (11) a sense of humor. The position is full-time with a competitive salary and benefits. To apply, send an e-mail with “Office Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com, and attach a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references.
For a full job description, please go to: http://www.trustees.org/we-are-looking-for-a-new-office-manager/
Anchorage: Legal Secretary
Small, close-knit tax boutique law firm is looking to add a legal secretary to its staff. The part-time leading to full-time position offers excellent professional experience in a legal setting. Responsibilities include answering the phone, handling mail, assisting with clients, and assisting in drafting legal documents. The position will require basic familiarity with Adobe, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with TimeMatters and TimeSlips is a plus.
Rate of pay: DOE.
If interested, email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairbanks: Legal Secretary/Paralegal
Seeking a paralegal or legal secretary with litigation support experience for a part-time courtroom deputy (in-court clerk) and judicial assistant to the Honorable Scott Oravec, U.S. Magistrate Judge (part-time), with chambers in Fairbanks, Alaska. Prefer general familiarity with courtroom procedures, but will train. Schedule is flexible but requires consistent daily hours at chambers (clerk’s choice), occasional but calendared hearings, and one to four eight-hour days per month for traffic trials or other matters, such as evidentiary hearings. Position averages 80-100 hours per month. Wonderful opportunity to gain experience in the federal court system. Perfect job for someone who prefers not to work full time but wants to remain current and engaged in the legal field.
Please transmit your resume with a letter of interest by August 14, 2015 to:
US Magistrate Judge
101 12th Avenue, Room 332
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Fairbanks: Legal Secretary - Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC
Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC seeks a full-time legal secretary in our Fairbanks office. Applicants must be personable, reliable, and professional. Practice focus is professional malpractice defense, employment, and commercial matters. The successful candidate will be a team-oriented secretary with attention to detail, word processing, document management and organizational skills. Experience in state and federal court filing is required. Minimum three years experience as a legal secretary; certification a plus.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com or fax to 907-479-7966. EEO/AA
- Calculating and calendaring dates from documents (incoming and outgoing) and maintaining attorney schedules
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures, including appellate procedures
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Obtaining records
- Organizing and maintaining files
- Preparing legal documents and correspondence
- Proofreading and formatting documents.
Fairbanks: Paralegal - Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC
Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC seeks a paralegal in the Fairbanks office with experience in civil litigation, including professional malpractice and products liability. Successful candidate will be reliable, self-motivated and highly organized with a minimum of three years of related experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Send letter of interest, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax information to (907) 479-7966.
Fairbanks: Paralegal - Downes & Tallerico
Downes & Tallerico Law Firm is a general practice firm is seeking a full-time paralegal. Areas of law include civil litigation and criminal defense, with a heavy emphasis on family law.
Candidate should have strong legal research and writing skills. Candidate must be highly organized and pay attention to detail in a fast paced environment. Seeking someone who can complete tasks quickly and is is team oriented. Communication and compassion for clients is a must. Prior experience in family law is a plus.
Rate of Pay: DOE and retirement benefits.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and legal research and writing sample to email@example.com or fax to (907) 328-0590.
Juneau: Workers’ Compensation Division Director
This position has primary responsibility for administering the Alaska Workers’ Compensation Act (A.S. 23.30). The Workers’ Compensation Division includes Workers’ Compensation Administration, Reemployment Benefits, Second Injury Fund, Fishermen’s Fund, Benefits Guaranty Fund and Special Investigation Unit.
- Directly supervises the staff and activities of the Workers’ Compensation Division;
- Provides leadership and direction to the Alaska Workers’ Compensation Board and division staff by developing policies which govern the adjudication of claims and payment of benefits, assuring compliance with the legislative intent of the Act;
- Reviews business processes and makes changes to staffing or procedures to make the division’s performance more efficient and effective;
- Reviews regulations and statutes and makes recommendations to the Commissioner, the Workers’ Compensation Board, and the Legislature;
- Coordinates division activities with other divisions within the department, other agencies within state government, and officials from other local, state, and federal jurisdictions;
- Interprets provisions of the Act and provides advice and counseling on controversial issues regarding work injury claims to division staff, injured workers, employers, insurance company representatives, attorneys, medical professionals and labor union representatives;
- Prepares the annual operating budget for the division;
- Responds to legislative audits and inquiries regarding the division.
A law degree is preferred.
This position is in the partially-exempt service in accordance with AS 39.25.120(C)(2). The partially exempt service is established by statute and is subject to the state’s classification and pay plan. Positions are exempt from the usual recruitment process and serve at the discretion of the appointing authority. This position is not covered by the terms of a collective bargaining agreement.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the Commissioner’s Office at Commissioner.Labor@alaska.gov. For any questions, please call (907) 465-2700.