Anchorage: Legal Rights Advocate - Disability Law Center
The Disability Law Center of Alaska, a nonprofit law firm advocating on behalf of Alaskans with disabilities, seeks Legal Rights Advocate with a strong background in disability advocacy, and preferably knowledge of social services available in Alaska.
The role of the Advocate is to inform individuals with disabilities about their options, to assist clients to express preferences, and to ensure that these preferences are heard and vigorously pursued within the scope of the law. This Advocate position will primarily focus on the rights of students with disabilities and monitor facilities that provide care and services to Alaskans with disabilities.
A genuine commitment to social justice for underserved populations, with an awareness of and sensitivity to people with disabilities is very important.
- Personal Credibility
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Critical Thinking
Download PDF of full job description at our website www.dlcak.org
Salary $35k+ doe. Fringe benefits include health, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, and generous personal leave.
- Cover letter;
- Application; (download application from our website at www.dlcak.org)
- Resume; and,
David C. Fleurant, Executive Director
3330 Arctic Blvd., Suite 103
Anchorage, AK 99503
Application packet may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position remains open until filled.
The Disability Law Center of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer. DLC particularly encourages applications from members of minority groups, people with disabilities and others whose backgrounds may contribute to more effective representation of low-income and underserved communities.
Anchorage: Language Interpreter Center Assistant - Alaska Institute for Justice
The Language Interpreter Center Assistant will be primarily responsible to provide administrative support for the Language Interpreter Center. In 2007, AIJ opened the Language Interpreter Center, the result of a public/private partnership dedicated to:
1) training Alaska Native and foreign language interpreters on the roles, responsibilities and ethics of interpreting; 2) training professionals on the roles, responsibilities and ethics of working with interpreters; and 3) providing an interpreter referral service for any individual, government agency and for-profit and non-profit agency needing a qualified interpreter. The Language Interpreter Center Assistant will be supervised by the Executive Director of the Alaska Institute Justice and the Language Interpreter Center Program Manager and located in AIJ’s Anchorage office.
- BA/BS degree with major coursework in marketing, public administration, or related area preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and civil rights issues
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Technology skills including website, social media, MS Word and PDF formatting
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with interpreters and program stakeholder groups
- Familiarity with non-English speaking populations and Alaska Native culture
Salary: DOE with a generous benefits package
The Alaska Institute for Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position open until filled
To apply please submit a cover letter referencing this position, a resume, and the names and contact numbers of three professional-related references electronically to:
Language Interpreter Center Program Manager
Alaska Institute for Justice
Anchorage: Legal Secretary/Receptionist - Denali Law Group
Description of Work and Main Areas of Responsibility
Legal Secretarial work requiring management of multi-line phone system and assistance with file management and general office operation of a busy criminal defense firm.
- Experience or background in criminal justice or legal field is a MUST.
- Must possess excellent public relation skills, communication and telephone skills, high tolerance of stressful situations, a positive attitude, and be able to work well with co-workers and the general public.
- Must be able to manage high-volume phone traffic and direct office visitors.
- Draft simple pleadings and correspondence.
- Should be proficient with computers (including Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Professional).
- Must be able to run a scanner and copier/fax machine with ease.
- Experience with Clio Practice Management Software is an advantage.
Rate of Pay: $15/hour (Dependent on experience)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Friday.
*Interested applicants can send resumes to email@example.com.
Anchorage: Law Office Assistant - Law Offices of Elliott T. Dennis
The solo law practice of a long time litigation and claimant workers compensation attorney has an immediate opening for an assistant with secretarial and office management skills; will consider full or part-time employee. This is a great opportunity for a person with excellent office skills and a strong work ethic wanting to make a career change, re-entering the work force or entering the legal profession straight out of school.
Minimum pre-requisites are:
- Proficient at all basis office clerical skills including; typing; filing; answering telephones; opening and sorting mail; operating copier/scanner to create and maintain electronic files; using computer to accurately create letters, legal documents and email; faxing and filing; and scheduling appointments and deadlines;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and/or Word Perfect word processing programs and Outlook.
- Willingness and desire to learn new information unique to this position and assume added responsibility as knowledge and competence increases;
- Ability to organize self and others, work without close supervision and complete assigned tasks in a timely accurate manner;
- Reliability and conscientiousness while displaying a cooperative attitude toward the public, clients and co-workers is of critically important;
- Ability to accurately spell and proof read documents before they are sent out of the office.
Specific duties include:
- Answering the phone, including communicating with clients, conducting preliminary interviews with potential clients, taking messages, communicating with the Worker’s Compensation Board and other law offices.
- Opening mail, scanning, calendaring and uploading documents into a cloud based practice management system.
- Setting up and closing files, and maintaining files both electronically and in paper.
- Sending out letters and coordinating electronic and print communication.
Fax resumes and references to (907) 929-4890 or email to Elliott@attorneydennis.com.
Anchorage: Paralegal – Nyquist Law Group, LLC
The family law firm of Nyquist Law Group is seeking a full-time paralegal with strong writing and communication skills, pays attention to detail, is team oriented, has compassion for clients, enjoys responsibility, and is willing to learn in a fast paced environment. Family law experience is encouraged, but not required. Please submit a cover letter and writing sample along with a resume.
Contact Kara Nyquist at 907-301-7583 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Competitive BOE
Anchorage: Receptionist - Jermain, Dunnagan & Owens
Jermain, Dunnagan & Owens is recruiting for an experienced part-time receptionist. Position requires strong communication skills, dependability, punctuality, proficient computer skills including MS Office, and a professional friendly demeanor. Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to Tanya Wood at email@example.com.
Anchorage: Legal Secretary - Richmond & Quinn
Richmond & Quinn, a civil litigation firm located downtown, has an opening for a Legal Secretary with 3-5 years of experience.
Typing, editing, finalizing documents
Calendaring with MS Outlook
Scheduling of travel and other attorney activities
Ensuring accurate filings in State and Federal Courts
Other legal secretarial duties as assigned
Thorough knowledge of State and Federal rules
Litigation experience is required
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and MS Office Suite
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines
Excellent benefits include: profit sharing, 401(k); medical & dental insurance, paid leave, holidays, paid parking and competitive hourly rate - DOE.
Qualified, interested candidates may email a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairbanks: Legal Secretary - Clapp, Peterson, Tiemessen, Thorsness & Johnson,
Clapp, Peterson, Tiemessen, Thorsness & Johnson, LLC in the Fairbanks office seeks a full-time, entry level Legal Secretary with flexible hours. Duties to include general secretarial duties: typing, filing, copying, running routine office errands, answering phones, etc. The successful candidate will be a team-oriented with attention to detail. Office experience preferred. Please fax or e-mail resume and three references to Clapp, Peterson, Tiemessen, Thorsness, & Johnson LLC at (907) 479-7966 or email@example.com.