Anchorage: Office Assistant - Law Office of Christy Lee
Tax boutique law firm looking for front-desk assistant. Monday – Friday, 12 – 4 p.m. Duties: assisting with phones, mail, and marketing; greeting clients; preparing tax-related forms; drafting documents; and miscellaneous tasks, including personal errands. Must display professional, friendly attitude and neat appearance. Keyboard at 55 wpm, with basic knowledge of Adobe, Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs. TimeMatters and Timeslips a big plus. Should be flexible, adaptable, and cooperative, with own vehicle and insurance. Pay DOE. Email resume, writing sample, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Compliance Manager - Cornerstone Credit Services
Cornerstone Credit Services, a 100% employee-owned company specializing in accounts receivable management, e-commerce payment systems, and IT management services, is looking for a full time Compliance Manager.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Monitors, interprets and distributes information regarding local, state, and federal laws and regulations, including HIPAA, CFPB, FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, UDAAP, GBLA and other applicable laws.
- Develops, implements and maintains compliance monitoring procedures.
- Oversees and directs investigation and response to all verbal and written disputes, complaints and demands in accordance with law, regulation and compliance system.
- Independently reviews, evaluates and directs resolution of compliance issues.
- Reviews and approves compliance content of organization’s Training and Development Program.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations, laws and judicial decisions and system by which are documented and distributed. Directs updates and additions to policies and procedures.
- 1-3 Years regulatory compliance
- In depth knowledge of CFPB, FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, EFTA, ECOA, UDAAP, GBLA and HIPAA
- Strong leadership, analystical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to digest large, complex volumes of information, then summarize and utilize information verbally and/or in written format for organization
- Complete projects on deadline
- Maintain high level of confidentiality
- Microsoft Word, Excel proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in collections compliance role and ACA accredited CCCO preferred.
Normal office environment; employee regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, telephone keypad and other basic office equipment; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; no special vision requirements.
$50,000 - $75,000 DOE; paid sick and vacation; medical/Rx plan; LTD; 401k and employee stock ownership retirement. EEOE.
Please direct all inquiries and resumes to Shelly Wells at email@example.com.
Anchorage: Paralegal - Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Supervised by the Anchorage Senior Staff Attorney designated by the Legal Program Director.
- Support Anchorage staff attorneys to provide competent service to clients; and support all functions of the Legal Program.
- Provide technical assistance to member programs regarding the court system and the court process. Assist Network staff with projects and respond to general requests for information.
- Conduct legal research; draft memos, policy recommendations, and research summaries on topics as requested.
- Perform case management and coordination; monitor, prioritize, and report on status of cases.
- Assist staff in preparation of motions and legal briefs and other documents as needed. Monitor and track the court docket and case schedule and assist with case scheduling.
- Draft subpoenas, serve and/or arrange for service; assemble exhibits, affidavits and other legal documents for use in case preparation and trial or administrative hearings. File documents with the court system.
- Manage administrative tasks in Anchorage legal office including processing incoming and outgoing mail, assisting staff with large/bulk mailings and usage of FedEx/DHL, and purchasing office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred; experience in a legal or shelter setting may substitute. Background in domestic violence and/or sexual assault programing preferred.
Ability to work both independently and cooperatively; experience in legal research and writing; and skill in oral and written communication.
Willingness to adhere to the Network’s philosophy, policies and procedures; commitment to the elimination of personal and societal violence in the lives of women and children.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references in a Word Document or PDF to Katy Soden: firstname.lastname@example.org or to t: 431 West 7th Ave., Suite 205, Anchorage, AK 99501.
Anchorage: Revenue Appeals Officer - State of Alaska
The Department of Revenue, Tax Division is recruiting for a Revenue Appeals Officer I to work in the Appeals Group in Anchorage. The ideal candidate will be assigned less complex appeal cases at the informal conference level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluating appeal issues
- Conducting information conferences with taxpayers
- Communicating statutes and regulations to taxpayers and coworkers
- Conducting tax and legal research
- Issuing written informal conference decisions
The ideal candidate would possess some or all of the following knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Ideal traits include:
- All relevant accounting, tax and legal work experience is current (within the last 5 years)
- Working knowledge of Alaska statutes and regulations, the Internal Revenue Code and regulations, federal and state court decisions, administrative and judicial procedures
- Working knowledge of general legal principles and practices
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and accounting methods
- Ability to conduct informal conferences and issue comprehensive written decisions
- Ability to assemble, organize, and appraise facts, weigh evidence, analyze legal documents, conduct research using RIA and Westlaw, and reach conclusions supported by facts and the law
- Ability to work effectively with everyone involved in an appeal
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally, and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proofreading and editing experience
Please note: The successful candidates must pass a comprehensive background investigation, which includes a criminal history check.
To find out more and to be considered, you MUST apply using the following the link:
Anchorage: Receptionist/Office Manager- Nyquist Law Group
Nyquist Law Group has recently moved their office and is expanding. We are looking for a new member to add to our existing cohesive team.
The ideal applicant will:
- Work well with and be respectful towards coworkers
- Have experience working in a law firm setting
- Be familiar with Family Law
- Be comfortable and friendly speaking on the phone to both clients and others
- Be competent in basic computer skills including, typing, excel, word, ect.
- Be detailed and highly organized,
- Have excellent communication skills
- Understand calendaring deadlines
- Be comfortable with billing and collections
- Have the desire and willingness to learn
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Anchorage: Office Assistant - Alaska Institute for Justice/Language Interpreter Center
The Alaska Institute for Justice Language Interpreter Center Assistant will be primarily responsible to provide administrative support for the Alaska Institute for Justice and the Language Interpreter Center. The Alaska Institute for Justice’s mission is to protect the human and civil rights of all Alaskans through legal services, policy and education.
In 2007, the Alaska Institute for Justice opened the Language Interpreter Center, the result of a public/private partnership dedicated to: 1) training Alaska Native and foreign language interpreters on the roles, responsibilities and ethics of interpreting; 2) training professionals on the roles, responsibilities and ethics of working with interpreters; and 3) providing an interpreter referral service for any individual, government agency and for-profit and non-profit agency needing a qualified interpreter. The Language Interpreter Center Assistant will be supervised by the Executive Director of the Alaska Institute Justice and the Language Interpreter Center Program Manager and located in AIJ’s Anchorage office.
- BA/BS degree with major coursework in marketing, public administration, or related area preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and civil rights issues
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Technology skills including website, social media, MS Word and PDF formatting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with interpreters and program stakeholder groups
Salary: DOE with a generous benefits package
The Alaska Institute for Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position open until filled
To apply please submit a cover letter referencing this position, a resume, and the names and contact numbers of three professional-related references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anchorage: Customer Service Representative - R. Crabtree, APC
Who We Are:
R. Crabtree, APC is a law firm whose practice is concentrated in the area of the enforcement of creditors’ rights.
We are recruiting for a Customer Service Representative (CSR). This is an entry to mid-level position and the successful candidate will play an important role in the firm's interaction with customers.
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients, and colleagues
- Learn and follow regulations governing interactions with customers
- Learn and follow policies and client requirements
- Draft letters and other documents
- Attention to detail
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Remain respectful and professional under stress
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish common goals
This is a part-time or full-time office job. The employee will be sitting at a desk working on a computer and on the telephone for the majority of the day. We are an equal opportunity employer. Starting pay is competitive, DOE. We offer medical/ dental/ vision benefits, vacation/sick pay, and a 401(k) plan with partial employer matching contributions.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check and a drug screen. All interested applicants should forward a résumé and cover letter to Richard Crabtree at email@example.com or by mail to R. Crabtree, APC, 3330 Arctic Blvd., Suite 201, Anchorage, Alaska 99503
Anchorage: Office Assistant - Wyatt & Butterfield
Wyatt & Butterfield is seeking a part-time/full-time office assistant for our downtown Anchorage office. Duties will include formatting, proofreading, filing, and other support tasks. Most importantly the position requires a person that works well with others, is dependable, hard-working, and willing to learn new skills. The candidate should be familiar with Word and Excel, and able to learn additional computer software programs. Experience is not necessary, but is preferred.
Submit a cover letter describing yourself and your work history, resume, and references to Ty Farnsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage: Legal Secretary - Dillon & Findley
Dillon & Findley is seeking an experienced full-time legal secretary/assistant for our downtown Anchorage office, which focuses primarily on medical malpractice and other complex litigation. Duties will include formatting, proofreading and filing pleadings, filing, answering phones and other office support tasks. The position requires strong organizational and administrative skills, excellent attention to detail, communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure, teamwork and a sense of humor is critical. Candidates should have current computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is expected), and comfort with technology. Intellectual curiosity and a strong work ethic are essential. College degree is preferred but experience is more important. Salary is DOE, and excellent benefit package is available. Dillon & Findley is an equal opportunity employer. Submit a cover letter, resume and references to Shelley Eggert, Firm Administrator, Dillon & Findley, 1049 W. 5th Ave., Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99501 or online at email@example.com.
Fairbanks: Bookkeeper/Admin Assistant - Satterberg Law Office
Our busy trial law firm seeks a full-time bookkeeper/admin assistant to do legal calendaring and client billing. This position would start immediately, in the Fairbanks/North Pole/Ft. Wainwright/Eielson AFB area. This position manages the daily calendar of three highly active attorneys and the full complement of their support staff. Also required is the generation and distribution of the monthly billing cycle. The planning and maintaining of travel portfolios is another function of this position.
If you are a hard-working, multi-tasking, and focused individual that has a great sense of humor, you may be a perfect fit for our office.
Skills tests and on-the-job training will occur to ensure a seamless transition for the firm.
We offer a competitive wage, as well as benefits. You will also gain the experience of working in the exciting field of law.
If this appeals to you, please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and references to Satterberg Law Office via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), in person at 709 4th Ave., or by fax to (907) 452-3988.
Fairbanks: Law Clerk – Downes, Tallerico, & Schwalm Law Firm, LLC,
A successful, fast paced general practice law firm, is seeking a Law Clerk. The work will involve research and writing, interviewing clients and witnesses, and assisting attorneys in court. Applicants must be law school graduates, but do not have to be members of the Alaska Bar Association. Applicants must have excellent academic credentials or work experience, as well as research and writing skills. Judicial clerkship or Law Review experience is strongly preferred. Pay depends on experience. Looking to fill the position as soon as possible. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Gregg Heminger at email@example.com