Lawyer Referral Service
Toll Free in Alaska 1-800-770-9999
Lawyer Referral Service is open from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
What is the Alaska Lawyer Referral Service?
- The Alaska Lawyer Referral Service is made up of Alaska lawyers who have signed up to be listed on the Lawyer Referral Service.
- All the Alaska lawyers signed up to be on the Lawyer Referral Service are active members in good standing of the Alaska Bar Association.
- The Lawyer Referral Service does not rate the lawyers listed on the Referral Service.
- Not all Alaska cities have a lawyer(s) signed up on the Lawyer Referral Service.
What Does the Alaska Lawyer Referral Service Do and How Does It Work?
- The Alaska Lawyer Referral Service is organized by types of law, such as real estate, adoption, etc. View a list of the types of law.
- Lawyers who signed up to be on the Lawyer Referral Service will charge no more than $125 for the first half-hour of consultation.
When you call the Lawyer Referral Service:
- You will talk to a Lawyer Referral Service Assistant. This person is not an attorney and cannot give you legal advice.
- We will ask you for your name so we can let the lawyer(s) know you were referred by us.
- We will ask you to tell us briefly about your legal problem so we can refer you to a lawyer who handles legal problems like yours.
- We will give you the names and phone numbers of up to three (3) lawyers who handle legal problems like yours.
When you call the lawyer’s office:
- Tell the lawyer’s office you were referred by the Lawyer Referral Service, so you will be charged no more than $125 for the first half-hour of consultation with the lawyer.
- You need to talk to the lawyer about what fees he/she will charge after the first half-hour of consultation for $125.
What the Alaska Lawyer Referral Service Does NOT Do:
- Does not have a list of pro bono (free) or low-fee lawyers.
- Does not give legal advice or answer legal questions.
- Does not give background information on lawyers listed on the Service.
- Does not keep a record of which lawyers belong to other Bar associations and practice in other states.