Home » For the Public » How to Select a Lawyer » How to File a Complaint Against an Attorney

How To File A Complaint Against Your Attorney

Any complaint or grievance against a lawyer must be in writing and signed by the person who is filing it. Your complaint should provide Bar Counsel with a clear explanation of the details, and should include:

  • a description of each act of misconduct;
  • the time and place of each occurrence;
  • copies of letters or other documents relating to the misconduct you believe occurred;
  • any other facts or materials you believe are relevant to the complaint.

The Bar encourages you to use Attorney Grievance forms to file your complaint; the forms are available at the Alaska Bar Association office.

Your complaint must be signed and dated and evidence of the lawyer’s misconduct must be sent or delivered to Bar Counsel.

Your complaint must also contain the following verification statement: "The information I have provided is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief." This statement can be placed directly above your signature.

     Alaska Time Designed and Developed by Tex R Us LLC.