Awards and Award Recipients
Congratulations to the 2014 award recipients!
2014 Board of Governor Awards
Download a historical list of the Board of Governor Awards.
2014 Bryan P. Timbers Pro Bono Awards
View a historical list of the Pro Bono Awards.
Additional 2014 Awards
(Back to top)
Distinguished Service Award
- Honors an attorney for outstanding service to the membership of the Alaska Bar Association. Award recipients...
Judge Nora Guinn Award
- Presented to a person who has made an extraordinary or sustained effort to assist Alaska’s rural residents, especially its Native population, overcome language and cultural barriers to obtaining justice through the legal system. More info & award recipients...
Layperson Service Award
- Honors a public member for distinguished service to the membership of the Alaska Bar Association. Award recipients...
Pro Bono Awards
- Alaska's legal services providers - Alaska Pro Bono Program, Alaska Legal Services Corporation, Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and the Pro Bono Asylum Project - select each year a private practitioner and a firm that has donated extraordinary time, resources and talents to pro bono efforts in Alaska. Award recipients...
- Recognizes an attorney who exemplifies the attributes of the true professional, whose conduct is always consistent with the highest standards of practice, and who displays appropriate courtesy and respect for clients and other attorneys. The Professionalism award has traditionally been presented to an attorney in the judicial district where the convention is being held. Award recipients...
Rabinowitz Public Service Award
- Given each year by the Board of Trustees of the Alaska Bar Foundation to the individual whose life work has demonstrated a commitment to public service in the State of Alaska. The Award is funded through generous gifts from the public in honor of the late Alaska Supreme Court Justice Jay Rabinowitz. More info & award recipients...
Robert K. Hickerson Public Service Award
- Recognizes lifetime achievement for outstanding dedication and service in the State of Alaska in the provision of pro bono legal services or legal services to low income or indigent persons. More info & award recipients...
International Law Section Human Rights Award
- Recognizes an Alaska Bar member who has helped advance the field of human rights in international law, either locally or abroad. More info...
(Back to top)