CLE# 2007-039: Privacy in Alaska: Who Gets It? How Much Do They Get? When Do They Get It?
Date: Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Purchase Program Recording (includes course material):
- Audio portion only on CD-Rom:
Course Materials Only:
- Hard Copy:
*No CLE credit for materials only.
This will be a fast moving look at the development of privacy n Alaska – the issues, the cases, the courts; and discusses trends and concerns in this area of law.
- Where do modern notions of privacy come from?
- How did a constitutional framework for analyzing privacy claims develop?
- What impact did federal law have on state law?
- Why does Alaska’s constitution contain a privacy provision?
- What impact does the provision have on privacy rights?
- Is the right to privacy expanding or contracting?
- Where will the next privacy battles be fought?
- How are privacy claims raised and litigated?
Moderator: Attorney Jeff Feldman
Panel: Alaska Supreme Court Justice (Ret.) Alex Bryner; 3rd Judicial District Presiding Judge Morgan Christen; and attorney Mark Ashburn.
Also listed in: