CLE# 2006-020: Your Client and ADR: Could Lawyers Become an Endangered Species? Learn How to Adapt and Avoid Obsolescence!
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Purchase Program Recording (includes course material):
- Audio portion only on CD-Rom:
Course Materials Only:
*No CLE credit for materials only.
- How the Supreme Court encourages you to discuss ADR with your client (Rule 2.1);
- Preparing for ADR versus preparing for trial: what’s the same and what’s different?;
- Tips for gauging when a case is a good candidate for ADR;
- Multiple roles of advocate and negotiator;
- Preparing your client for ADR;
- Is the lawyer a 5th wheel in mediation?;
- Issue spotting;
- Getting effective results for your client;
- Settlement and logistics;
- Saving money for your client;
- Growing your practice: how ADR can get you more business
Superior Court Judge Elaine Andrews, 3rd Judicial District;
Rick Miles, Director, ADR specialist, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission;
Attorneys: Glenn Cravez, Larry Wood and Stephanie Galbraith Moore.
Also listed in:
Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR)