CLE# 2011-005: Current Topics in Environmental Law
Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Purchase Program Recording (includes course material):
Course Materials Only:
*No CLE credit for materials only.
Print Registration Form
8:30 a.m. Registration begins
9:00 a.m. Water Panel
Moderator: Alaska DEC Commissioner Larry Hartig
Panel members: Cameron Leonard, Lynn Kent and Tina Sellers
• Overview of federal and state permitting of discharges to surface waters in Alaska.
• Current issues regarding water quality standards and discharge permits.
• Current issues regarding storm water.
10:00 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. Air Panel
Moderator: Lawrence V. Albert
Panel members: Susan Reeves and Alice Edwards
EPA’s greenhouse gas emissions tailoring rule, litigation challenges to that rule,
and the State’s responsibility to implement the rule by January 2, 2011 EPA’s
proposed amendments to the ambient air quality standards under the Clean Air
Act and the impacts of the rules upon regulated sources. Will include nitric
oxides, sulfur oxides, carbon monoxide, ozone, and fine particulates. The
consequences of non-attainment area status for local communities under the
Clean Air Act, along with the State’s responsibilities for implementation thereof.
11:15 a.m. Break
11:30 a.m. Hazardous Cleanup Panel
Moderator: Russ Winner
Panel members: Breck Tostevin, George Lyle and Richard Sundet
• Legal liability for cleanup of contaminated property
• How to negotiate the purchase and sale of contaminated property with a Prospective Purchaser Agreement
12:30 p.m. Adjourn
Also listed in:
Alaska Native Law