CLE# 2011-020: Handling ERISA Disability Claims
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2011
Purchase Program Recording (includes course material):
- Audio portion only on CD-Rom:
Course Materials Only:
*No CLE credit for materials only.
Print Registation Form
Part I: Handling administrative claims process -Paula Jacobson
1. What is an ERISA claim, how it handled
2. Basic rules governing administrative process
3. What documents you need to contest a denial and where to get them
4. The best practices in contesting a denial
5. The next step if final denial given
1. How ERISA litigation differs from state actions
2. What documents you need and where to get them
3. Procedural requirements of an ERISA lawsuit
4. Substantive Issues in ERISA lawsuits.
5. Best practices in litigating ERISA lawsuits.
6. Settlement or judgment, issues to consider
7. Tax issues
8. Attorneys Fees and Costs
Part II: Handling Litigation process- Mike Flanigan