This CLE will now be held at the Alaska Bar Office.
Early Bird Registration: $109.00 | After March 6: $134
Print Registration Form
Presented by: Roy Franco, Chief Legal Officer of Franco Signor LLC, and founding member of theMedicare Advocacy Recovery Coalition and current steering committee member.
8:30 a.m. Check-in Begins
9:00 a.m. Medicare Secondary Payer Act Basics
• Reimbursement to Medicare Triggers
• Future Medical Responsibility after Settlement, Judgment or Award
• Required Data to Report to Medicare & Impact
9:45 a.m. Strengthening Medicare & Repaying Taxpayers Act
Background and Specific Amendments to Medicare Secondary Payer Act
• Method to Secure Conditional Payments BEFORE Settlement, Judgment or Award
• New Right of Appeal and Comparison with New Dispute Rights
• Added Privacy Protections • Clear Limitations Period
• Failure to Send Data Penalty Modifications
What Remains to be Addressed?
• Future Medicals
• Clear Responsibilities of Each Party to a Claim
• Simplification of Data Reporting.
• Pending Regulations
• Missing Regulations
• What Parts Are Enforceable Today and What Remains in Limbo
10:45 a.m. BREAK
11:00 a.m. What's on the MSP Horizon
• Future Medicals for Liability Claims
• Medicare Advantage and Part D Reimbursement
• False Claims Act and How it May Impact Medicare Secondary Payer
• Enforcement Penalties
12:00 p.m. Questions and Answers
12:15 p.m. Adjourn