Admissions Ceremony; Additional Requirements
The swearing-in ceremony for Anchorage applicants is Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 3:30 in the Supreme Court room of the Boney Courthouse. To participate in the ceremony, you MUST have your state bar paperwork turned in to the Bar office by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Applicants getting admitted to U.S. District Court at the ceremony must turn in their federal paperwork to the Clerk of the U.S. District Court by Friday, May 24, 2013.
Juneau and Fairbanks applicants should contact the office of the presiding judge or a local judge in your district for information on swearing-in. Contact information is included in the admissions paperwork.
Applicants who are sworn in before May 30 are encouraged to participate in the admissions ceremony.
Before you can be sworn-in, you must have completed all the requirements for admission, including:
- A passing score of 80 on the MPRE--the Bar office must receive your score directly from the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE).
- Sign an affidavit that you have read and are familiar with the Alaska Rules of Professional Conduct (Bar Rule 64).
Download the Rule 64 affidavit
- Attend the video presentation of the Mandatory Ethics course as required by the Board of Governors.
Download the Ethics Program Affidavit
Download the Ethics Program Course Materials - Don't Cross that Line!
Video replays of the Mandatory Ethics course will be held in the Bar office at the following times:
- Wednesday, May 22, at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23, at 9:00 a.m.
Please RSVP to email@example.com and indicate which video replay you will be attending.
If you have completed all of the admissions requirements, please bring your Request for Admission paperwork to the Bar office at the time of the Mandatory Ethics viewing. It can be notarized and turned in at that time, along with your dues payment.
For further information contact the Alaska Bar Association office at 272-7469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.