Alaska Bar Association
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Board of Governors Meeting
September 6-7, 2007
550 W. 7th Ave., Ste. 1900
Anchorage, AK 99501
Roll Call & President's Remarks
Legislative Committee Report
Tiered Dues Structure
Request for IT Assistant/Web Manager
10:45 a.m. In the Disciplinary Matter Involving Frederick Hahn, ABA File No. 2006D012, 2006D020 and 2006D026. Hearing Committee Report. (public proceeding).
CLE & Convention
- MCLE status
LUNCH: Meeting with Supreme Court
In the Disciplinary Matter Involving Amy Simpson, ABA File No. 2004D184 and 2005D082. Stipulation for Suspension
Pro Bono report
Balanced Budget Discussion
- Reciprocity applicants
- Rule 43 Waivers
- Request to form New Lawyers Section
- Young Lawyers' request for funding to attend national meetings
Resolution re VAS 25 years
Revisit award descriptions
Information & Consent
- Approval of minutes
- Financial info
Friday, September 7, 2007
Alaska Bar Rule 63: Addition to definition of the practice of law for the purpose of the misdemeanor statute in AS 08.08.230 to include the preparation or completion of documents for another for compensation unless a warning statement is given. Published Jan/Mar 2007 Bar Rag. Approved April 30-May 1 Board meeting. (request for further consideration)
In the Disciplinary Matter Involving Mark Avery, ABA File No. 2006D133. Stipulation for Disbarment. (public proceeding)
In the Disability Matter involving Kenneth Lougee, ABA File No. 2007B003. Joint Motion for Reinstatement. (confidential proceeding)
Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection
- Status of Proposed Rules Chart
- Alaska Bar Rule 44: Amendment to qualifications for legal intern permit and renewal. Published Apr/Jun 2007 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 44.1(f)(2)(A): Housekeeping amendment changing reference from "Code of Professional Responsibility" to "Alaska Rules of Professional Conduct." Published Apr/Jun 2007 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Bylaws of Alaska Bar Association Article VII, Section 1(a)(3): Housekeeping amendment changing reference from "Code of Professional Responsibility" to "Alaska Rules of Professional Conduct." (first consideration).
- Bylaws of Alaska Bar Association Article VII, Section 1(a)(11): Amendment changing the name of the "Judicial Independence Committee" to the "Committee for Fair and Impartial Courts". Published Apr/Jun 2007 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 6, Section 7(b): Deleting appeal provision relating to residency requirements and renumbering paragraph. (first consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 5, Section 3: Amendment regarding Judicial officers administering oath of admission. (first consideration).
- Report of Committee, ABA File No. 2007L005 (confidential proceeding).
- Application for Trustee Counsel Reimbursement, ABA File No. 2006T002
Discipline and Fee Arbitration Report
- Statistics: 3rd Quarter 2007 Update
- Public Discipline Orders from Supreme Court
- Update: Alaska Right to Life v. Feldman, et al.
- Update: DeNardo v. Morse, et al. Pre-litigation Screening Order Signed.
- Update: DeNardo v. Maassen, et al.
Conference of Chief Justices Request for Sponsorship