October 25 & 26, 2001
At the Board of Governors meeting on October 25 & 26, the Board took the following action:
- Certified the results of the July 2001 Bar Exam. 36 applicants passed, for a 63% pass rate. The pass rate for first time takers was 71%.
- Certified three applicants for admission on motion by reciprocity.
- Approved a Rule 43 (ALSC) waiver for Kate Burkhart.
- Approved the Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection Committee's recommendations for payment from the Fund.
- Approved a stipulation for discipline, with one year stayed suspension, two years probation, restitution, and other conditions.
- Voted to send Bar Rule 65, which states that the VCLE dues discount shall be taken with the full dues payment or the first installment, to the supreme court.
- Approved the August Board minutes.
- Discussed the evaluation of the Executive Director and the Bar Counsel.
- Held a conference call with Local Bar Presidents.
- Approved recommendations by the CLE Committee.
- Approved the 2002 budget.
- Devoted half a day to strategic planning.