THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2007
Roll Call & President's Remarks
- July 2007 Bar Exam results
- Reciprocity applicants
LUNCH - LRE Committee Report of 2007 Grants and Request for 2008 Funds
Request for Admission (Applicant No. 4059)
CLE & Convention
- Proposed Ethics Opinion 2007-1: Reconsideration of Ethics Opinion 76-9.
- Proposed Ethics Opinion 2007-2: Is it permissible for a former judicial officer to use the title "judge"?
- Status of Proposed Rules Chart
- Alaska Bar Rule 6, Section 7(b): Deleting appeal provision relating to residency requirements and renumbering paragraph. Published July-Sept 2007 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 5, Section 3: Amendment regarding Judicial officers administering oath of admission. Published July-Sept 2007 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Bylaws, Article VII, Section 1(a)(3): Housekeeping amendment changing reference from "Code of Professional Responsibility" to "Alaska Rules of Professional Conduct." Published July-Sept 2007 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Bylaws, Article VII, Section 1(a)(12): Amendment adding standing committee on the practice of law. (first consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 34(b): Amendment adding a provision requiring arbitration when client has agreed to arbitration in fee agreement. Proposed by Fee Arbitration Executive Committee. (first consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 41: Amendment adding service by e-mail with electronic confirmation to permissible methods of service. Proposed by Fee Arbitration Executive Committee. (first consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 45: Amendment requiring a claimant to file a police report with the appropriate law enforcement authority unless the lawyer has been charged with or convicted of a criminal offense involving dishonesty. (first consideration).
- Approval of Legal Services Providers for Emeritus Attorney Service
Information & Consent
- Approval of Board Meeting Minutes
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2007
In the Disciplinary Matter Involving James Wendt, ABA File No. 2005D026. Hearing Committee Report. (public proceeding)
LUNCH - Discussion of MCLE Rule and Incentives
Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection Committee: Committee Reports in ABA File No. 2007L006, 2007L007, 2007L008, and 2007L010. (private proceeding).
Requests for Payment of Trustee Counsel Fees, ABA File No. 2007T003 and 2007T004.
Discipline and Fee Arbitration Report
- Statistics: 3rd Quarter 2007
- Update: Alaska Right to Life v. Feldman, et al.
- Update: DeNardo v. Morse, et al.
- Update: DeNardo v. Maassen, et al.
Executive Session: Legislative Matters