Alaska Bar Association
Board of Governors Meeting
May 9-10, 2005
Centennial Hall Hammond Room
101 Egan Drive
Juneau, AK 99801
Monday, May 9, 2005
Roll Call and President's Remarks
- Bar Exam results
- Reciprocity applicants
Board Policy re: Release of Member Birthdate Information
In the Disciplinary Matter Involving William T. Ford, ABA File No. 2000D232 (Remand from Alaska Supreme Court).
CLE, Convention, and Sections
- CLE Report
- Convention locations
- Sections Annual Reports
Stipulation for Discipline, ABA File Nos. 2003D127, 2004D041, 2004D110 (private proceeding)
Judicial Conduct Commission
Historians Committee: Request for Funding for November 8 Lunch Program
Alaska Bar Committee on Uniform Laws
Information and Consent
- Approval of Minutes
- Financial Information
- Capital Acquisition Reserve
- ALSC Board appointments
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Stipulation for Discipline, ABA File No. 1997D258 (private proceeding).
Ethics Opinions: 2005-___ Responsibilities of the Attorney Representing a Client Who, After Being Charged with a Felony Offense, Informs the Attorney of the Client's Intent to Commit Suicide if Convicted.
Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection Committee: Lawyer's Fund for Client Protection Case No. 2004L001, (Appeal of LFCP Committee decision denying claim) (private proceeding).
Discipline and Fee Arbitration Report
- Statistics: 2nd Quarter 2005 Update
- In Re Hanlon, S-11351, Opinion No. 5887
- Update: Alaska Right to Life v. Feldman, et al.
Stipulation for Discipline, ABA File No. 2002D189 (private proceeding).
Pro Bono Report
Blue Cross Group Medical Plan
- Status of Proposed Rules Chart
- ARPC Committee Review of Ethics 2000 (update).
- Alaska Bar Rule 16(e): Amendment adding a disciplinary assessment to be paid by attorneys receiving discipline by the Disciplinary Board or the Supreme Court. Published Jan/Mar 2005 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 43: Amendment providing for waiver to practice law for lawyers working for Immigration and Refugee Services Program or the Disability Law Center of Alaska on a full-time basis. Published Jan/Mar 2005 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 8(3): Amendment clarifying contents of excerpts of record on admissions appeals. Draft proposed by Appellate Rules Committee following input by bar counsel. Published Jan/Mar 2005 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 22(p): Amendment clarifying contents of excerpts of record on discipline appeals. Draft proposed by Appellate Rules Committee following input by bar counsel. Published Jan/Mar 2005 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 33.3: Proposed addition defining the practice of law for the civil injunctive purposes of Alaska Statutes 08.08.210 patterned after unauthorized practice of law rule adopted by the Washington Supreme Court. Published Jan/Mar 2005 Bar Rag. (final consideration).
- Alaska Bar Bylaw, Art. III, Section 1(a): Proposed amendment giving the Board the authority to set the amount of active bar dues for the coming year at a regular meeting. (first consideration).
Balanced budget concept
Resolutions for Annual Business Meeting
Election of Officers