Alaska Bar Association
Board of Governors Meeting
January 27, 2005
550 W. 7th Avenue, Suite 1900
Anchorage, AK 99501
Roll Call and President's Remarks
- Reciprocity applicants
- Requests for Special Accommodations: February 2005 bar exam
- February exam status report
- Rule 43 (ALSC) waiver
Bar Services & Finance Committee Reports
RFP for Database: status
Judicial Conduct Commission: Board policy on procedures
CLE & Convention
- Report: MCLE
- VCLE revisited; credit for committee service
- Convention Awards Committees
- Pro Bono Dues Reduction
- Bar Leadership
- Pro Bono Award Program
- Program Updates
Information & Consent
- Approval of October minutes
- Financial information
- U.S. District Court Judge Poll status report
Discipline and Fee Arbitration Report
- Statistics: 4th Quarter 2004
- Update: Alaska Right to Life v. Feldman, et al.
- In the Disciplinary Matter Involving Mitchel J. Schapira, ABA File No. 2000D100 (public proceeding)
In the Disciplinary Matter Involving Harland McElhany, ABA File No. 2002D048 (public proceeding) (COURTHOUSE)
- Status of Proposed Rules Chart
- Alaska Bar Rule 16(e): Amendment adding a disciplinary assessment to be paid by attorneys receiving discipline by the Disciplinary Board or the Supreme Court. (further consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 43: Amendment providing for waiver to practice law for lawyers working for Immigration and Refugee Services Program or the Disability Law Center of Alaska on a full-time basis. (first consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rules 8(3) and 22(p): Amendments clarifying contents of excerpt of record on admissions and discipline appeals. Draft proposed by Appellate Rules Committee following input by bar counsel. (first consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 33.3: Proposed addition defining the practice of law for the civil injunctive purposes of Alaska Statutes 08.08.210 patterned after unauthorized practice of law rule adopted by the Washington Supreme Court. (first consideration).
Trustee Counsel: In the Trustee Counsel Matter Involving Larry Caudle (deceased), ABA File No. 2003T003. Request for trustee counsel compensation.
Balanced Budget Concept