Board of Governors Meeting
Monday, April 30, 2007
Westmark Fairbanks Hotel
Harper Board Room
813 Noble Street
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Roll Call & President's Remarks
Request for Admission (Applicant No. 4059)
Admissions & Licensing
- Reciprocity applicants
- Rule 43: Wesley Klimczak
- ExamSoft contract (expires July 31, 2007)
- Senior Bar member status
- Requirements for reciprocity with Oregon
Ethics Opinion 2007-1: Lawyer's Duties with Regard to Metadata in Electronic Documents
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
In the Disciplinary Matter Involving Tony Strong , ABA File No. 2005D205. Stipulation. (public proceeding)
LUNCH (working lunch)
Add on: Tiered Dues Discussion
Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection Committee (confidential proceedings)
- Supplemental Reports on Remanded Cases
- Request for Counsel from Lawyer's Estate
Information & Consent
- ALSC Board of Directors appointments
- Approval of January meeting minutes
- Financial information
- CLE & Convention Report
- Sections - Annual Reports
- Pro Bono Report
- Discipline & Fee Arbitration Report
- Statistics: 1st Quarter 2007
- Update: Alaska Right to Life v. Feldman, et al.
- Update: DeNardo v. Morse, et al.
- Update: DeNardo v. Maassen, et al.
- Diversity Subcommittee Status Report
Election of Officers
MCLE (continued if necessary)
Optional if time remaining:
- Status of Proposed Rules Chart
- Alaska Bar Rule 63: Proposed amendment requiring document preparers to give a written notice that they are not lawyers, that the document may not be legally enforceable, that the document should be reviewed by a lawyer admitted to practice in Alaska, and that recipients may contact the Bar Association to report any problems. Published Jan/Mar 2007 Bar Rag. (final consideration)
- Alaska Bar Rule 44: Amendment to qualifications for legal intern permit and renewal. (further consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rules 17, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 31: Amendments providing immunity from grievances to members of the Board, area hearing divisions, bar counsel, special bar counsel, the executive director, trustee counsel, and conciliators (mediators) for conduct in the course and scope of their official duties in the Bar Rules. (further consideration).
- Alaska Bar Rule 44.1(f)(2)(A): Housekeeping amendment changing reference from "Code of Professional Responsibility" to "Alaska Rules of Professional Conduct". (first consideration).
- Bylaws of Alaska Bar Association, Article VII, Section 1(a)(3): Bylaw changing name of "Judicial Independence Committee" to "Committee for Fair and Impartial Courts". (first consideration).